DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just Got A New Engine Installed Everything Is New From Top To Bottom .i Took It To The Tuner Shop Got My E Manage And Boost Controller .the Tuner Shop Took It Out For A Couple Of Runs Everything Is Good Except One Problem. The Car Smokes. Once I Take Off. So Now I Have The Tuner Shop Saying Its The Valve Seals I Talked To The Company I Bought The Engine From They Say Its Impossible .they Checked My Turbo Its New I Need Help Or Some Advice Thanks Guys Because Its Turning Into A Guessing Game ,and You Guys Know What That Means

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought the engine from a company called SHOWDOWN MOTOR SPORTS.The engine was built with Eagle rods,Manley pistons ,bearings ,And the head has HKScam shafts . Everything is new from what i know .So im hoping ,or everything better new .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know ,but to smoke that much,The tuning shop did a leak test,and said that the #1 cylinder was at 90 percent,and the #2 was 20 ,and the #3 was at30,and the #4 was at 50 percent ,but would it smoke that much ,and burn that much oil . 4 runs and half a liter of oil was gone . Compression test says pistons are 100 percent

·
Registered
178 Posts
mosers said:
White,and im just getting the hang of this .Take it easy on me
Its all good, I thought it was cute :rolleyes:

Check your antifreeze levels often, you might be burning it, which would be bad. Also check to see if antifreeze contaminated the engine oil. You can look at the dipstick, or look at the under side of the oil filler cap. If the oil is contaminated with antifreeze, it will have the appearance of a chocolate milkshake.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well unless its just regular break in like Red stated, a lot of white smoke is bad. Bad valve seal would allow oil into the cylinder, resulting in blue smoke. White smoke is caused by burning antifreeze. Only way to burn it is a bad headgasket or a crack in the block. Hope you have a warranty.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Folly67 said:
Well unless its just regular break in like Red stated, a lot of white smoke is bad. Bad valve seal would allow oil into the cylinder, resulting in blue smoke. White smoke is caused by burning antifreeze. Only way to burn it is a bad headgasket or a crack in the block. Hope you have a warranty.

+1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.