DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently added a sub to my cars sound system and after blowing one of my amps I am now running all of my components and sub off of the one remaining amp and every once in a while ill shut my car down and go back in like five minutes and open my door and my cr is completely dead..no interior lights or anything but after I desconnect my sub I get my lights back and my car starts up...this only happens every once in awhile and I am puzzled should I just go out and buy a capacitor...will that solve my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Take care
Tony

-
Clarion CD/Headunit
Kappa Perfect 5.25 components/Tweeters
Kappa 6x9's
JL 12 w6
Fosgate Punch 160a2 Amp
Fosgate Punch 250a2 Amp

·
Registered
81 Posts
Something is not right....How old is the battery? Are you sure the amp turns off when the radio is off? A capacitor will not help you in this situation. A cap is really only good for transient music response. For example, if the headlights dim a little during bass notes the cap will help by supplying extra "juice" during heavy current demand.
Recheck all the wiring, pay particular attention to the remote turn on circuit.

------------------
Chris Holmes
'91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The Replacement For Displacement

·
Registered
258 Posts
how did you wire the sub to the amp?
only thing i can think of is that you got too low an impedance going to the amp which is making it do something crazy like that. let us know exaclyy how yyou wired it...

·
Registered
25 Posts
im probably wrong ,,

im probably wrong but u can do anything you want to the wires after the amp and it wont hurt starting up your car ... it doesnt make sense ,.,., gives us the full deal all your productz and what orderedthey are wired ....its sounds maybe like some kind of short somewhere not a bad short because you can still start your car after you disconnect your sub and your amp still plays ,.. there has to be something being left out .. by the way i wouldnt recommend hooking your wires together not good for anything ... but im just trying to prove the point that it wont hurt starting up your car .. maybe somethingz grounded that shouldnt be ?? im noone to judge i hook up all my own shii and havent had any probs ........yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess when i reattatched the power wire to the pos battery cable i didnt tighten it all the way...thats the only thing i can think of because after tightening it a little everything is working fine? Weird...its working now though so im not goingt to mess with anything (fingers crossed) thanks for your replys!

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts