DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I replaced the intake hose and MAFs for my 91 eclipse and the car ran fine last night. It was fine this morning but when I got to school it started ideling crazy. It would run up and down on the RPMS on its own. I was letting the car drive itself in 2nd gear when I noticed it. What is going on? Any help guys?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that the screw at the back of the manifold that the throttle cable is hooked to. The one that if you turn it too much the car will idle higher?

Another thing is that it has somehow quit doing it. Could it be where I installed the new MAFs and the ECU is relearning it? I reset the ecu when I installed it.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
QuickOne said:
Is that the screw at the back of the manifold that the throttle cable is hooked to. The one that if you turn it too much the car will idle higher?

Another thing is that it has somehow quit doing it. Could it be where I installed the new MAFs and the ECU is relearning it? I reset the ecu when I installed it.
Yeap, that's the screw I am talking about. But now that you mention the reset thing. Give the ECU a few days to adjust itself, if things doesn't get better adjust the BISS then.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it has been a few days and the car is still doing the same thing. It runs fine while cruising on the highway but when I am going through the parking lot in second and third gear at low speeds (10-30 mph) it will actually try to stall but then it catches itself. When that happens the car jerks. It is pissing me off big time. Any ideas on a fix?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
QuickOne said:
Well it has been a few days and the car is still doing the same thing. It runs fine while cruising on the highway but when I am going through the parking lot in second and third gear at low speeds (10-30 mph) it will actually try to stall but then it catches itself. When that happens the car jerks. It is pissing me off big time. Any ideas on a fix?
Did you tried what I mentioned on the above post???

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the long wait. I have been at the hospital with my girl's dad. Anyway I have adjusted it and it helped a little but not much. It seems to only do it while I let off the gas in third or second gear???? I don't think it could be the wires or plugs b/c wouldn't the problem happen all the time if it was the plugs or wires? What happens when the O2 sensor goes bad?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No the intake hose is not broken anywhere. I just got it and I check everywhere this morning. When the MAF was messed up and I was running rich, would that affect the plugs in any way? I dunno it seems that the problem has a mind of it's own, which is why I think the problem is a sensor or some electrical prob. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how do I do that?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks! Lets see if we can fix this problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts