DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Shoot hope someone finds an answer because my 2g does the same crap. have you tried putting it to neutral and give it a quick jab on the gas peddle and let right off? when i do that my rpm bogs down low and car shuts off.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
lauj2gdsm said:
Shoot hope someone finds an answer because my 2g does the same crap. have you tried putting it to neutral and give it a quick jab on the gas peddle and let right off? when i do that my rpm bogs down low and car shuts off.
Mine normally does the same thing sometimes it will rev up and then I can catch it again by being in neutral, left foot breaking and feathering the gas but it does not even solve the problem all of the time.

Have you tried replacing your guage cluster? On v faq there is a post about a guy having an issue with his reed sensor and/or speed switch/sensor and replacing that solved his problem. Im hopefully going to be replacing mine in the next week or so as a shot in the dark and then I will post back with results and suggestions for you to try or stay away from.

We have to love our DSM issues hey!:mad:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Check you ISC motor found in the Throttle body.
When its on its way out, it does not compensate properly to "Catch" itself. One test is to let the car warm up and idle. Turn on the AC and look to see if your rpms compensate for the load. If the RPM's do not raise but rather drop, than your ISC motor is on its way out. You can do a test across the coils if you have a multimeter. Search for the instructions. The thing is if this is on its way out, it can damage your ECU so I suggest you check it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
lazylaser said:
Lightened flywheel was causing this on my car, until dsmlink was adjusted to compensate.
hm.. i do have lighten flywheel too that i put in new but i had the car parked for over a year after i did the clutch job. Then start it up and bamm this new problem i cant seem to solve. Can some one please explain why a lighten clutch can possible cause this problem?

·
Registered
48 Posts
70newport said:
Mine normally does the same thing sometimes it will rev up and then I can catch it again by being in neutral, left foot breaking and feathering the gas but it does not even solve the problem all of the time.

Have you tried replacing your guage cluster? On v faq there is a post about a guy having an issue with his reed sensor and/or speed switch/sensor and replacing that solved his problem. Im hopefully going to be replacing mine in the next week or so as a shot in the dark and then I will post back with results and suggestions for you to try or stay away from.

We have to love our DSM issues hey!:mad:
Cluster.. wtf does that have to do with it? while i did my clutch job i accidentally broke my speed sensor by dropping the trans... so cant be that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
tarantula said:
Check you ISC motor found in the Throttle body.
When its on its way out, it does not compensate properly to "Catch" itself. One test is to let the car warm up and idle. Turn on the AC and look to see if your rpms compensate for the load. If the RPM's do not raise but rather drop, than your ISC motor is on its way out. You can do a test across the coils if you have a multimeter. Search for the instructions. The thing is if this is on its way out, it can damage your ECU so I suggest you check it.
Here is a list of what i swaped off and still have the problem.. forgot to mention the car stutter when it starts to spool around 35k.. i have a sbrG50 so yea its late.
maf
ics
tps
o2 sensors
coil packs
wires
spark plugs
ecu
power transistor
swap back to stock ecu and injectors.

but.. ya know wat? i never even did a BLT..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
lauj2gdsm said:
Cluster.. wtf does that have to do with it? while i did my clutch job i accidentally broke my speed sensor by dropping the trans... so cant be that.
http://www.dsm.org/archives/1996/08/19960815.txt/30.html

That is the link to the article from vfaq that I read that lead me to believe it was something in my cluster....

if anyone else can interprett something different from this please let me know.

Im getting a little desperate lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
lazylaser said:
Lightened flywheel was causing this on my car, until dsmlink was adjusted to compensate.
What did you need to change in your setup to solve this problem?
Would I be able to adjust for this with AFC Select?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car is a 92 Talon TSI AWD.

Problem: About half of the time when I step on my clutch to let the car coast my RPM will drop so far that either the car shutters and revs back up to my 850 RPM idle or it will just shut off.

I have a new clutch, master and slave cylinders, all new vacuum lines new throttle body, new stepper motor all on the car trying to solve this problem and nothing so far.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary
You sould never let a diesel idle at low idle for very long, look up wet sacking. When diesel engines get older, the fuel injection system.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts