DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car Still bucking. Attemp #3

Ok I went to BPR7es plugs gapped at .29. It does idle smoother. but when you mash the pedal it bucks in first and second.
If you drive it normally without hitting 15 boost it runs great. The fuel shows rich at idle and everything is well.

I have a stainless steel o2 housing I picked up from Mach V and havn't installed it yet. (thinking boost creep even though not supposed to with stock 2g turbo.)

I checked leaks and found one at the TB and fixed that. didn't find any others unless I have one down by the innercooler.

I checked the actuator by hand and it seems fine and the wastegate opens fine.

I am at a lost. I am going to try the housing and see still but am basically stumped.

I saw the post where the guy had to buy an ecu and it fixed the problem. But am to the point I am tired of throwing money at it.

It's all on a 95 eagle talon TSi AWD with mods.
thanks everyone.

·
Registered
908 Posts
What about the clutch? stocker maybe slipping or new one worn/installed incorrectly. my car runs fine untill i get more then 50% boost in first or second gear, then it pulls/bogs/pulls/bogs. the stumbling is killing me : (. Do you have the 2G BOV? maybe its leaking bad at 15 PSI. The intercooler can be prone to leaks, check the connections and the intercooler itself(someone found many tiny holes which cause a bad leak and running too rich). The ECU, just open it up and see if its burnt, or smelly. its not that old, but maybe your right. have you checked all the vac lines? try turning boost down and undoing some of your latest mods? things on my list to check for my car....
*plugs/wires/coil packs
*intake leaks/vac lines
*turbo health/compression
*timing (you may have slipped a tooth or unadjusted)
*clutch(and the trannies internals that are 'wear' items')

The ECU sounds like an $$$ thning to try before any of these.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm guessing you've changed the wires since the bucking began?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I replaced the wires when I first bought the car and everything was happy.

The BOV is the Blitz hooked to the buchar racing upper IC. For now I have it venting to the atmosphere cause I didn't know any better at the time. I checked all the little vacum lines and such and all seem fine. I will check the innercooler again. I did have a new clutch installed but it had the bucking before that was done.
And doesn't feel as if the clutch is slipping to me.

I think the Turbo is fine. It was running great before we got into it. Thanks for the ideas! I appreciate it.

Scott

·
Registered
908 Posts
re vent it in, RE vent that BOV in! :eek:

im positive it has nothing to do with the problem, but friends dont let friends vent!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I plan to re vent it. But for now it'a not on my priority list. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts