DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Talon has been stumbling intermittently at low throttle. At cruising speed I try to give it a little or allot of throttle and it shuts down and kicks until I let off the throttle then it will run fine for a while..... And sometimes it will do it when Just letting off the clutch, push the clutch back in and try it again and it will be fine for a while??? Not sure where to start, I searched and found some similar stumbling situations but all seem to be at heavier throttle, with mine it is with just a tap of the throttle. Started doing this a while ago but seems to be more often and worse now.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Check for a boost leak. Then maybe even a dirty fuel filter...then down the list there are a few a few other things, but check there first. Most stumbling problems come from boost leaks, believe it or not.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Check those, then try adjusting your cas.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got the DOHHHH!! light bulb when you said check the cas!

But I just got back from the store and when I was out and about I stopped, went in and did some shopping came back out turned the key....Lights went out and nothing... Entire car was dead! I thought must be a blown fuse or loose batt. conn. right! So I checked fuses and batt connections and while messing with the fuses lights came back on and the door buzzer etc... Went to turn the key and everything went dead again.......... Did this several times and then it all of the sudden came back on and car started and didn't skip a beat all the way home!! any ideas here?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Maybe a bad ground somewhere, that problem is deffiantly something eletrical. Check the ground on the alternator and see if maybe it's hitting your o2 sensor. I doubt it is it but it's a shot in the dark, that happened to me. Also check the alternator fuse connection(underneath fuse box is two I believe 10mm bolts), I believe its an 80amp fuse. Make sure you disconnect the battery or you'll get stung.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts