DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a problem. This is what happens after i changed my fuel pump to a walbro 255HP and now im running the stock fuel pump back again cuz the walbro died. I also changed my fuel filter and since my life broke i am using a 1/4" adapter to run the fuel line to the filter. But the problem after doing this is my car turns off while driving or when i step on the break. The ROM needle drops bellow 1K rpm and just fals then all the way and all the panel lights turn on and the cur shuts down. Can anyone let me know how to fix this problem

·
Registered
529 Posts
Are all your terminals tight on the battery? Once I forgot to tighten the negative and when I went over bumps, the warning lights would flash and the radio would cut out for a sec. Also maybe try cleaning them with baking soda or something... Might wanna search for that though... I never cleaned mine before :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will but new terminals today.. you sure this might be caused because of the terminals? cuz my are so corroded and rusted, and it might explain allot cuz i removed the negetive one when i was playing with the fuel pump

·
Registered
30 Posts
1992TalonTSi said:
i will but new terminals today.. you sure this might be caused because of the terminals? cuz my are so corroded and rusted, and it might explain allot cuz i removed the negetive one when i was playing with the fuel pump
I've had the exact same problems...

I didn't understand it, because I thought the alternator was supposed to provide power for the car after it's turned on. Evidently, I was wrong, my damn terminal was loose and my car kept turning off every time I did something to shift the car. If I braked, it'll turn off, if I sped up, it'll turn off, if I went on a bump, it'll turn off. The damn battery terminals was the last thing I checked, and sure enough, that's what it was...

Ever since then, when I have any problem, regardless of what it is, I check the battery terminal first... buy some terminals, it'll cost you about $2.00. Nothing serious, it should solve it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok also i dont know what causes ths problem but when i crank my volume in the car radio to about 45% which isnt really really loud my car radio shuts off and turns back on. I dont know if its related to my terminals or my crappy 100K mile battery im using or the alternator isnt providing enbough juice

·
Registered
529 Posts
I guess you could use a voltameter to test the battery and the radio wires. If the radio doesn't have enough power it will shut off. The more you crank the radio the more power you use.

·
Registered
749 Posts
you could take the alternator to autozone to be tested, the radio turning off when you turn the sound up sounds like a alternator problem, but replace the terminals first, 2 bucks is about right theres some even cheaper :D

peace

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thx im gonan do that but i played with the old terminals and the car didnt turn off for 2 days now. but my radio pissed me off i was trying to put some music on and it turned off the radio

1 - 9 of 9 Posts