DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Carbon Fiber Trunks for 97' GST????

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  PokeyTheDSM 
#1 ·
Okay, I know we are all familiar with the ever popular carbon fiber hoods, but i've been searching and can't seem to find any carbon fiber trunks, and yes they do exist, but i'm not sure if they have fittings for what i'm looking for. Any info or ideas for a customization plz help me out here. Peace~

#2 ·
You're going to have a tough time finding one for a Mitsu Eclipse.

I know that C West makes a carbon fiber/plexiglass rear hatch for the RX-7, and it's pretty expensive. Here's a link: http://www.c-west.co.jp/1_aero/fd3s/rha.html It's listed at 130,000 ¥, and that's around... 1000 bucks +/- 60 for yen relations.

Your best bet would be to pull an old hatch, and make some molds yourself (Not really THAT hard), and build your own plexiglass stuff around the glass area.

Not really for the timid, but it can be done. If you do get it done, do take pics, as I'd love to see the results/apply them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.