DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short of the 97 gst. I had a 95 motor in it, so the cas was on the other side of the head. I cut the plug off of harness and soddered it up. Now Im putting back the 97 motor with the cas on the original side. I have the cas plug for the camshaft side, but three wires on the harness side. Obviously there arent wires coming from the camshaft to splice together, so I have to connect wires to prongs somehow. Also the shop manual shows the 3 prongs horizontal instead of vertical, so I'm not 100% of the orientation for which wires.

All I can think is to tear the plastic off the plug, and somehow sodder each of the 3 wires to a prong. I would rather get a plug, but I have no clue who would sell one individually. This is the last step to firing up the car, so any alternate ideas?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I wired it up like that of a 99 gsx. Looking at the harness side of the plug it is black, blue, red from top to bottom (or right to left if turned on the side). The car cranks but doesnt stay on. I need someone with a 97 gst or probably a 98 gst to verify my wires. Please please please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts