DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking under the car and saw that there is a cat and right next to it is a round thing, what is that?

·
Registered
245 Posts
round thing ? u are probably talking about the second o2 sensor, round and long.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that sounds like what I mean but i took it out. It did not have any wires or any thing so i did not think i needed it so I took it out along with the cat, was that a good thing to do?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
dyablo said:
Yeah that sounds like what I mean but i took it out. It did not have any wires or any thing so i did not think i needed it so I took it out along with the cat, was that a good thing to do?
Do you have a picture of it?? 1G cars don't have a rear/2nd O2 sensor...

·
Registered
245 Posts
duh, didnt notice he had a 1g

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it would not be a bad thing to take out?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Pretty sure it is a resonator. What else would it be?

If so, then leave it in. It controls the sound of your exhaust.

*edit* Just thought of something. How do you mean "behind"?

Closer to the engine or the rear?

If it is close to the engine and your exhaust is stock, it is your flex piping. Your engine moves when you drive, the flex pipe keeps your exhaust from doing the same. DO NOT take it out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Its the resonator, I just put a bigger exhaust on my 98 and there was a resonator right behind the cat. Controlls the sound of the exhaust. My o2 sensor was a few feet futher down the pipe.

·
Registered
104 Posts
1G 1G 1G. Do 1G have resonators???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Stock 1G's don't have resonators... at least all of them that I have seen. My 2g has 2 or 3

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont know what it is but it was right behind the car close to the back of the car. It was about 3 inches from the cat. And i already took it out and now Im haveing second thoughts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i still have that part.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts