DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You are in luck. Crutchfield sells add on changers that work with you factory head unit. No I'm not talking about RF changers that work through your radio, but, aftermarket changers that plug into your factory CD inputs and use an adaptor that allows your factory head unit to change tracks, CD, etc.

These are only available for a couple of car models, but, luckily 93-97 DSMs are on the list.

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
22 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have any specifics on what kind of changer it is would you??? Because I called up crutchfield and the sales rep there said they didn't carry such an item and I would have to go with the fm hookup. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know how I could get a CD Changer for my '95 Eclipse??? I called a dealer and they said Mitsubishi didn't make them anymore. Is there anything compatible w/ the stock infinity in my car??? Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The latest Crutchfield that I have (Summer 2000) doesn't give as much detail. They list the changers as Mobile Pro OEM CD changers and say call 1-800-955-3000 for details. They don't list Mitsubishi directly, but, they do list Plymouth and Chrysler Cars/Vans 95-00.

Now in the Winter 99 Crutchfield they give a lot more detail. For 93-95 Stealths, 93-94 Talons, 93-94 Lasers and 93-97 Diamante, Eclipses, Galants and Monteros they list the Pioneer #130CDXM30 changer and #541MITPI01 Adapter.

I don't know if Pioneer no longer makes these changers hence the Mobile Pro's listed in the newer catalogs.

Here is the actual image from the earlier catalog:

·
Registered
129 Posts
hey purdy, you can pick the pioneer cdxm30 at your local Circuit City they will have to order it but it comes in,in like 2 days the cost is around $379 for this so make sure you really want it cuz this WILL NOT work with the new pioneer radios! but if you have a really old deck (like 6-7 yrs ago)it will and the thing that the adapter does is make it so that both side of music play though your radio so get the plug you'll need it to enjoy the music (this changer is also used in jag's and bmw's cool eh)
good luck......

------------------
isn't a t-25 from a go-cart

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey can anyone tell me if that Mitsubishi-Pioneer interface still exists off the shelf?? I am interested in acquiring one, but I am in Canada and I don't have the types of stores you guys do. :D

·
Registered
348 Posts
The MIT-PIO interchange is available, however, the stock CD players are often on eBay for under $100. The trouble is if you don't have the DIN cable (Talons don't), they're expensive. The rear of the car is wired for the CD power, the plug is in the access cover for the right-rear taillight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts