DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you remember the guy who started a thread about hating DSMs and buying a civic. I dont understand why the thread was locked. On the opening page it clearly states a forum about all things DSM. If your opinion be for or against, I think it needs to be heard. Beside the point, I really enjoy taking my weekly aggression out on some stupid honda boy who thinks he is really going to make me think his car is better. In my opinion the more hate threads the better. It lets you know who is in for the long haul. I had written up a new thread in the General Tech forum about my Evle Talon sputtering, when I realized it really belonged in the help tech forum. I erased everything and forgot about the whole deal and my sputtering problem goes unfixed, due to the fact that I was afraid the moderators would tell me to take my buisiness elsewhere and the thread would be locked. I understand that we have to abide by certain rules while in the Administrators domain, but please for the sake of the site, dont over-moderate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speaking as a moderator, albeit a new one, I don't think any of us would lock your post and get all over you for posting in in the wrong location. Hell I've done that myself. All that would happen is that it would be moved to the right forum.

As far as the flame posts, I can't agree with you here. One of the great things about this site is the camaraderie found here and the willingness to help others. Generally every post in every forum has a friedliness about it, even when people are disagreeing strongly about what's the right thing to do to a car. This is probably the only forum where total newbies can ask simple or *dumb* question without fear of being told how stupid they are.

That's what attracted me here in the first place. I as amazed how many people would post replies trying to help others fix any problem they came up with.

I'm a little older (39) than most of the other posters here, so I have a little different perspective. I've owned a lot of different cars (all fast) 65 Mustang, 67 Mustang (With 390 engine and fiberglass front end), 87 Supra Turbo, etc. If someone else has a another make and thinks their car is the sh*t, fine with me. I know my 95 GSX is badass, or at least will be when I finish modding it. But, I don't feel I have to bash others who feel good about their car.

I do agree that I don't want some idiot bashing my car on our forum, but that would have been handled by the moderators anyway, no need to get into a flame war. I think the day that war erupted Ted was busy and missed it so it got out of hand, but, since that time each forum has been assigned multiple moderators, so that won't happen again.

I would hate for this place to degenerate into hate filled posts as I hear other forums are.

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
2 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ohmygawd:
Speaking as a moderator, albeit a new one, I don't think any of us would lock your post and get all over you for posting in in the wrong location. Hell I've done that myself. All that would happen is that it would be moved to the right forum.

As far as the flame posts, I can't agree with you here. One of the great things about this site is the camaraderie found here and the willingness to help others. Generally every post in every forum has a friedliness about it, even when people are disagreeing strongly about what's the right thing to do to a car. This is probably the only forum where total newbies can ask simple or *dumb* question without fear of being told how stupid they are.

That's what attracted me here in the first place. I as amazed how many people would post replies trying to help others fix any problem they came up with.

I'm a little older (39) than most of the other posters here, so I have a little different perspective. I've owned a lot of different cars (all fast) 65 Mustang, 67 Mustang (With 390 engine and fiberglass front end), 87 Supra Turbo, etc. If someone else has a another make and thinks their car is the sh*t, fine with me. I know my 95 GSX is badass, or at least will be when I finish modding it. But, I don't feel I have to bash others who feel good about their car.

I do agree that I don't want some idiot bashing my car on our forum, but that would have been handled by the moderators anyway, no need to get into a flame war. I think the day that war erupted Ted was busy and missed it so it got out of hand, but, since that time each forum has been assigned multiple moderators, so that won't happen again.

I would hate for this place to degenerate into hate filled posts as I hear other forums are.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you just saved me alot of typing, i couldn't agree more.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

G

·
Well said ohmygawd!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I was afraid the moderators would tell me to take my buisiness elsewhere and the thread would be locked. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No moderator purposely locks or erases a thread if a (friendly) post is mis-placed. It is instead moved to the appropriate forum. A locked version of the thread is left behind so that you can read the notation as to where to finish the conversation. The locked thread is later removed to clean things up. If the locked thread wasn't left behind, you would think it simply got vaporized without a trace. I respectfully suggest you take a look at the notation in the locked thread to see where the open version of the thread can be found. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>On the opening page it clearly states a forum about all things DSM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Beside the point, I really enjoy taking my weekly aggression out on some stupid honda boy who thinks he is really going to make me think his car is better. In my opinion the more hate threads the better. It lets you know who is in for the long haul.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, all things DSM, and your mis-placed agression has nothing to do with DSMs. What do DSMs or the DSM community have to do with "taking... agression out" or "hate threads"? Besides what was already stated by ohmygawd, your post does a real good job in itself of illustrating exactly why these forums are moderated.

Post your DSM stuff here, and be social. I'm glad you've been an active poster here, but if you want DSMtalk to be a place where venting your pent-up agressions is tolerated, you are barking up the wrong tree. :)

------------------
** Ted-95 GSX **

[This message has been edited by WhoaTed (edited September 29, 2000).]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guy are totally in the right. I was just a little upset about having to erase all that I had just typed because it was in the wrong thread, when I wrote that. If I had actually thought about what I was doing in the first place, I wouldnt have made that mistake. I really dont think you guys over moderate or anything, it was just a little misplaced aggression. From now on I promise to put my agression in the proper place (on the accelerator) and input only happy thoughts here. I can only hope the staff here will return the favor by keeping up the good work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts