DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car is a 90 talon TSI awd

Ok im mounting a boost gauge in one of the round A/C control holes, probably the "inside/outside air" one. Any way i got the two plastic screw covers off, one horizontal one underneath the radio and the other vertical one inbetween the drivers gauges and center a/c radio gauges part. I also removed the plastic filler that goes around the radio. I have removed all the screws i can see but when i go to pull on the A/C controls panel to get it off it feels like its still attached somewhere in the middle.

Is it just held on by some clips or is there somthing else i need to remove.

Sorry guys i know this is basic, but i just got the car and would rather ask before i crack somthing from pulling on it

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah there are 2 screws behind the top air vent. You have to take a screwdriver and wrap it with a rag then pull like a mofo at the top and bottom of the vent to get it apart. There is a screw at each end of that you should see them once you get the cover off. Also did you pull the two plastic ribbed like strips at the top and to the left of the panel? Theres more screws there also. Those just pop off if you pull at them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Besides of screws that you have not found yet: have you pulled the A/C knobs of too?
I mention that because the A/C mechanism is not attached to the panel but to what lies behind it and you might damage something while trying to get the panel of with the knobs still installed.
The knobs are only sticked in so you can pull them out with light..medium force

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Besides of screws that you have not found yet: have you pulled the A/C knobs of too?

Yeah i forgot to ask about that i was wondering if they would have to come off.

And yes i pulled the 2 ribed peices off and took those screws out, thanks guys i think i can get it, hope i dont crack the vents trying to get them out

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you actually take a flash light and a hook took. There will be two springloaded clips holding in the vents in on the left and right side.

Not that hard just look instead of ripping it out. I actually have seen the plastic break because of the age.

Mike
90 FWD

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
2 weeks ago i took out the center console to paint it but i did it the hard way. you gotta take out the bezel around the instrument cluster first. thats only four screws then disconnect the harnesses for the buttons over there. then for the center console take off all visible screws-- dont remember how many exactly. take off the knobs for the hvac controls then grab the grids for the vents and either pull some off (they go back on easily) or get a small screw drive and pop a latch on either side. then the vent will come out in one piece. then there are 2 screws behind that. then it should come out easily.

when i did this i broke off one of the red pieces behind the small buttons to the right of the steering wheel (for the defroster and rear wiper) and it actually looks pretty good without the red now. now its all black except for the writing on the buttons.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you actually take a flash light and a hook took. There will be two springloaded clips holding in the vents in on the left and right side.
ahh yes tell me more about these spring loaded clips and how do i remove them. Take a screwdriver and pry them out????

and someone said somthing about removing vent fins?

oh and i know its posted all the time but where do i T in the boost gauge at?

thanks------- Justin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts