DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should have a chat room to get to know our members better here on DSMTalk. Besides, it takes too long sometimes to get a reply back when you really need a question answered.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm preety sure there's one. Or maybe that was isketch.

·
Registered
892 Posts
You mean like a giant AIM chat? Yeahhhhhh no. LOL.

I think that'd be one of those things that's cool for a few minutes, then afterwards you're like why did I bother?

Creative idea though.

·
Site Administrator
7,762 Posts
It's nice for BS chat, no one is going to want to sit on there so we can be someone elses online tech support.

·
Honorary Administrator
2,511 Posts
There used to be one on AIM that you could join, no idea if it's still around or not.

I doubt that you'll see one here, it'd be too much of a pain to moderate and keep under control. The lounge is as good as chat if you continually refresh.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my Honda forum they have a shout out box that I guess sorta acts as a chat box.

My first thread on this forum was closed because the moderator thought we were getting too off topic and he thought it was a repost.
The original thread which I was told to go read rather than asking the same question over again ended up not even being true. Im supposedly not allowed to get more information about what i was trying to learn about? WTF?
Im NOT bashing any moderators, my point is just that if we had some sort of a chat room or shout out box we would be able to ask silly off topic stupid questions and get a quick response rather than creating a thread about "My dog just pissed on my leather seat, how do you get the smell out of my car?" lol. I personally have alot of dumb little questions about my new car that i need answered but all the past post may not apply to my situation. a chat box would be great to ask a quick question.

As far as monitoring a chat space goes. I dont think that it would be necessary. If you dont like the language then just stay out of that portion of the board. If there is a member misusing it to bash other members than a moderator can deal with it as needed. I think everyone understands this is a car forum not a chatline, and it would be used apropreatly. If not then I know its not hard to just hit the BIG RED REMOVE button on every moderators keypad.

Just my 2 un-needed cents.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Just ask whoever you want to talk to for their facebook address. Facebook has a built in chat service without downloading anything. It's fast too!

BTW Myspace FTMFW! lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bringing this back with an example. I think it's a great idea and remember bringing this up back in the day.

www.dsmpurity.com has a chatroom and it works out great. There are many members here but not everyone is going to be on there all the time, most likely just the normal members that frequent the site daily.
+1 I am a member over there and use it from time to time for general B/Sing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts