DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

cheapest 16g...

1254 Views 20 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  greenstreak
im looking for a brand new 16g, i have the money saved up now.. imlooking for it already ported and clipped but the cheapest avaiable, all i've seen is extremepsi.com and that is... 660 appx. so if you know something cheaper that is ported and clipped please help me out, thank you very much... i'm finally getting one this weekend,
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
so anything cheaper the 660.. lol....
there out of gt stock,
anything else? :-/
Go with a garrett t-3 60 trim. It will make 375hp, and is cheeper than the 16g, and will last alot longer. You can get a housing from bullseye that makes it a direst bolton for 170-200.
Well slowboy has the a good 16g sale.

small 16g .........$498
Big 16g............$499
EVO III 16g......$568

http://www.slowboyracing.com/shop.php?sid=PHPSESSID=102fc5a308a5f40c84d52eddb2d69ee0&cat=195
is this ported and clipped already tho?
No those are base prices for the turbos. It will cost extra for porting and clipping.
Djwired said:
is this ported and clipped already tho?
if you're trying to save every dime to get the cheapest 16g then you should not be worrying about porting or clipping
PM me. I'll shoot you an offer on any variant of the 16g you would like. I'll see if I can't beat SBR. :D
Stupid newbie question. What does clipping mean/do?
thanks
i want to kno the same.. i thought it had sumthing to do with the flapper, now.. i found out it has to do with the turbine.. so.. i no longer know what, i thought, it meant..
clipping means that the exhaust fins are cut at a different angle so it gives more top end power.
4G63NNV said:
Well slowboy has the a good 16g sale.

small 16g .........$498
Big 16g............$499
EVO III 16g......$568

http://www.slowboyracing.com/shop.php?sid=PHPSESSID=102fc5a308a5f40c84d52eddb2d69ee0&cat=195
We can match that. ;)
rad_dsm said:
Stupid newbie question. What does clipping mean/do?
thanks
What is clipping?

FWIW, if you spend a couple of months reading through the 1000 Q&A and VFAQ, you'll find answers to many of your future questions before you even have them. ;)
why does everyone like 16g's so much when they don't last that long, and you can get a better turbo cheeper. I hate 16g's, now if you can get a td06 16 g that would be good. That tdo5 wheel works great with the 14b compressor wheel but when you put the 16 and 20 wheel on the other side it creates more cintrifigal force towards the compressor side and wears the shit out of the thrust bearing. BUY GARRETT.
ya i wont garrett, the steps you brought me through, but like.. its so difficult all you have to do with the 16g is buy the kit and the turbo and ur set :/
:rolleyes: You don't need to clip it...It will delay spool up and that is one of the best parts of the 16g...

I think you should look into buying a dremel/diegrinder and carbide bits and learn how to port yourself...That should save you some bucks...

Also, don't even look at the GT's, some will say it's fine, but I don't trust that junker after a few thousand miles

Extremepsi sells the evo3's for what, $540 shipped...Why pay $85 for a step ported out of the exhaust turbine side inlet...But, even if you do, that is still only a tad over $620....then, buy a $150 install kit w/ $100 worth of parts, and there you go, $770 basically..

I think the wastegate mod you were thinking of was the 34mm wg flapper which is for eliminating boost creep

Anyways, if I were you, I would get the supporting mods first....Last since I have heard of the car, I don't believe it has a tuning device or upgraded injectors...Also, good luck with the stock auto tranny...I would replace those first, cuz it's no fun having a 10psi 16g...Trust me, I know!!

btw: there's always used! Can't beat $300 for a ported 16g :p
See less See more
pinamotorsports.com sells em for 530$ shipped i think...
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.