DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
98 GST.. manual.. 117k ... if i shift from 1st to 2nd while flooring it and shift kinda fast, the service engine soon light will come on till I let off the gas. once I let off the gas, the light turns off by itself.. anyone encounter this problem before? I shift kinda fast but nothing crazy and no power shifting.. i wanna preserve my tranny lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
Re: Check engine light briefly comes on while shiting "fast"

I hate when that happens!

·
Registered
701 Posts

KJS1820 said:
I hate when that happens!
When you shit instead of shift?

·
Registered
220 Posts

lmao. that is the best title to date. you need to slow down on the shitting. might hurt yourself =-)

·
Honorary Administrator
17,457 Posts

And I take it no code is being stored?

I'll edit the thread title. LOL

·
Registered
550 Posts
With OBDII it could be anything. The only time I've encounted this in an OBDII car was with my sister's Maxima. The CEL would come on if it misfired multiple times while WOT. Get a code puller and see if the ECU has retained that code.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh dam.. sorry for the slip lol.. I'll see if the code holds and get it checked next time.. I did some spirited driving today and the light never came back on.. man.. i drove 140 miles today.. ran perfect!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Just a random though, but are you sure it's the check engine light? Sometimes between shifts, if the car isn't running 100% correctly, the rpms will drop just enough for the battery light to flash quickly then shut off once you get back on the gas.

Or it could be a check engine light, as you are describing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dedlewamp said:
Just a random though, but are you sure it's the check engine light? Sometimes between shifts, if the car isn't running 100% correctly, the rpms will drop just enough for the battery light to flash quickly then shut off once you get back on the gas.

Or it could be a check engine light, as you are describing.

yea, 100% sure its the check engine light.. yellow.. not red.. it came on today for 2 seconds while I was starting out in 1st from a standstill and then shut back off.. weird stuff..it seems to run fine though.. no leaks or smoke or anything

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the check engine light comes on about 4-5 times daily now.. just driving normal.. the light will come on and then go abck off after a few seconds.. I have noticed that in idle or while shifting "slow", the rpms will drop to almost 0 RPMs between shifts..other than the light coming on, the car runs and drives fine and accelerates and hits boost fine.

couple weeks ago I had the check engine light come on constantly and got a code read from auto zone and it was the ICS idle control malfunction P505 or something like that.. maybe this is the same problem..i dunno.. I ran to auto zone to get the code checked right after the CE light came on and went back off but the scanner didnt pick up anything :confused: .. The only thing the car has is upper IC pipes..new plugs and wires.. nothing else

1 - 13 of 13 Posts