DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a second hand eclipse 97` gs-t and after a few days he check engine light went on i resetted the computer but it kept getting back.As i live in the netherlans(that explains why my english is so bad)and this model is never sold in europe there is no/bad documentation.It was a pain in the ass just to get the code, after 1 month and a few dealers it finally worked, they came up with the code P1105(feul pressure up)as i said no dokumentation and a non willing to help importer I don`t know what to do or check, is the fuel pressure to high or not high enough? The light first came on after a longer trip and after the engine was started again a break between 0.5 and 1 hr I hope someone can help me. thank you,

------------------

·
Registered
303 Posts
First of all, resetting the computer isn't always such a good idea. It does tune itself...it's not like rebooting a PC. :)

It could be the O2 sensor that is going bad. I had this happen twice on my previous Eclipse (RS). It could even be something as simple as the fuel cap not being tightened properly.

------------------
=KTP=
99SpyderGST

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It`s not the o2 sensor(i think) because lately the check engine lamp goes on even on a cold engine and an o2 sensor does need a certain time to heat up before it even begins to work, but thanks for the thinking, i still will test the o2 sensor anyway(you never know).

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
jeroen,
I tried a search for 2gen diagnostic codes last night for you, thinking I could give you a link or something at least. But, alas no, I could only find 1gen codes. Anyway, I would suggest that you order a factory repair manual from a Mitsubishi dealer here in the US. I've ordered a few parts from Mall/C-J-E in Kentucky, US @ 1-800-323-3500 or 1-606-525-1344. Excellent service! Tell them you are club DSM and you should get the manual, dealer wholesale plus shipping. Besides, it sounds like you could DEFINITELY benefit from owning your own manual over there.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
303 Posts
In my case, when it was the o2 sensor, it didnt matter if the engine was cold or not. It still would come on...in fact, it would sometimes go off when the engine got warm! Just to come back on later. In other words, it didn't seem to be consistant. After a while, however, it stayed on permanently...
Anyhow, good luck..

------------------
=KTP=
99SpyderGST

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you for your reply`s. today i ordered a manual cd from this internet adres http://www.ecanfix.com/~manualcd/index2.htm
here i also found a manual of a 95 eclipse in pdf format (12 mb) it has the two and four digit codes in the manual except code P1105 i think that it`s a code for the face-lift 97+ models(maybey with a bunch of other codes). today i checked if the manual was still there but i think it`s removed. well in 4 hrs i`m going on a holiday for a week so at least i won`t see that check engine light in the next few days and when i come back maybey someone did place an explenation or has e-mailed it to me. thank you and till next week, goodby.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Thx for the link, I might even get one.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts