DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that my intake hose from the MAS to the turbo has a HUGE crack in it right at the turbo and it was making the car run really rich. I have since replaced it with the Injen metal pipe and the car runs MUCH smoother but the check engine light has come on. Is the car now running leaner than the ECU wants? What could be the problem?

------------------
'95 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T

16G Killer, 2.75" RS-R exhaust (turbo back), HKS intake, Apexi BOV, 10lb. flywheel, Centerforce DF, Greddy FMIC, 8.5mm wires, NGK 7's, Apexi Super AFC, Greddy Profec, Energy Suspension motor mounts

·
Registered
167 Posts
you did reconnect the hose to the stock boost solenoid? that solenoid is still hooked up, right? i know that with my MBC it has to be or the check engine light comes on. also, not reconnecting the MAF wires could cause the light, but then it wouldn't be running very smoothly at all. and i'm sure you made sure all the clamps/connectors were air tight.

you also might want to try resetting the ECU, it might just be that the engine is not use to the difference and thinks something is wrong.

just my $.02
later,
PAUL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had another guy tell me to unplug the MPI fuse for a few minutes, let the car idle for 10 minutes, and then go for a SLOW drive around the block. He said that would reset the ECU. Sound right to you guys?

·
Registered
836 Posts
MOving to the Help Tech... :)

------------------
Mike,
Small 16G
HKS Mega Flow
2G Ported ExhaustManifold
2G Ported o2, 2.5 Greddy DP, 2.5 Test / High Flow, 2.5 Greddy Catback
HKS FMIC (not installed yet)
2.5 CMV UIP