DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p

Just kidding. Here the first pitcure of my car I've posted. It's a 1995 GSX, 5-spd, loaded. I just picked it up in mid August. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Mint condition, red, FEMALE owned, 80,000miles...and I think I got a good deal getting it for $8,200.

This picture is the first and only picture I have of the car at the moment, it was taken in September right before I headed up to school. It's stock, for now, but after I get a new clutch (probably centerforce for fear of the walk) I'm going to do the typical mods (Turbo Gauge, BOV, K&NFIPK, UICP, MBC, free flow cat).
Tell me what ya think!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks good man :) Does your VIN plate say "DSM" or "Mitsubishi"? The "DSM" ones are early production 95's and, from what a lot of people are saying, are less prone to crankwalk.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iceman138 said:
Looks good man :) Does your VIN plate say "DSM" or "Mitsubishi"? The "DSM" ones are early production 95's and, from what a lot of people are saying, are less prone to crankwalk.
Not sure what my VIN plate says...but I know it say's DSM in my engine bay and in the door jam's, does that count?
I heard that they were less prone too but I didn't know if it was a myth or not.

I REALLY want to get an Act2600 but after searching I concluded that I should be all set with the centerforce as long as I let the clutch cool down between launches, and I'm not running 12's.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yah, I was talking about the plate in the engine bay and sticker in the door jamb. If you're seroius about drag racing I would definitely get the ACT2600. My philosophy: Crankwalk = excuse to rebuild the motor and get a 1G shortblock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iceman138 said:
Yah, I was talking about the plate in the engine bay and sticker in the door jamb. If you're seroius about drag racing I would definitely get the ACT2600. My philosophy: Crankwalk = excuse to rebuild the motor and get a 1G shortblock.
Hahaha, yeah I feel the same way...a 6 bolt is definitely in the future, but this car has to last me a year before I can risk taking it off the road. Next summer I'm dropping a crate engine in my Camaro, and this has to be my daily driver. Once I get the Camaro squared away so I have a steady back-up I'll be able to put crankwalk in the back of my mind.

What kind of clutch are you running in your car? And how many miles have you had it in there for?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Believe it or not I am still on the stock clutch...as far as I know it's original and has 72k miles on it plus a good handful of drag launches. A 2600 is in my future, but I don't know when.

I definitly understand when you say you really need a reliable daily driver...I actually just bought a *new* used car as well to use as my daily driver so I can really start pulling things off the eclipse and getting it squared away. If I were you, I'd hold off on the clutch until you really need it. Then you might be far enough along in your camaro project to risk putting the 2600 in (although I really don't think you have to worry about it).

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
DSM Vice said:
:p

Just kidding. Here the first pitcure of my car I've posted. It's a 1995 GSX, 5-spd, loaded. I just picked it up in mid August. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Mint condition, red, FEMALE owned, 80,000miles...and I think I got a good deal getting it for $8,200.
i tell ya what, if that was my girl who'd owned that before you it owuldn't be in such nice of shape. she really likes beating on every thing she drives.

that's my girl :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Get the 2600. If you were going to walk, you would've already walked.

It has such a better "feel" to it rather than the stocker or 2100, though I like a stiff clutch. Just watch your slave/master clutch cylinder.

And put some synchroshift in your tranny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts