DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 95 talon awd with 60k miles for 3 grand from a junkyard a couple weeks ago and everything has been fine since this week. heres my problem. whenever im cruising at around 3k for over 2 minutes my car starts sputtering and the check engine light goes on. its fine when im driving in the city, it just does it on the highway. when that first happend i changed out the exhaust manifold and exhaust flange gasket because apparently i blew them when it first happend. lol there were pieces laying on my valve cover. so anyways i changed them and its still doing it. i was going to buy a code reader but i was told my car was obd 1 so my question is how to i run the codes myself? this is my first turbo car so im a noob when it comes to this car... oh and this forum.
thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
Your a 95 correct? If so your obdII and you could buy the reader or just take it to Autozone or Advanced and have them check it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh one more thing since your new to the forum I'll throw you a friendly warning. Use capital letters at the beginning of sentences and throughout your posts. The mods will stick it to you for that.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow. I took it to autozone and the dumb*** told me it was obd 1. Well at least somebody knows what they're talking about. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You see most cars didn't start using obdII until 96, but Mitsubishi started in 95. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The people at Autozone can be complete morons and some will not even test it if you tell them its a 95 even though it has the obdII port. So when they ask you what year it is just tell them 96 and they won't give you any problems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts