DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is really limited by the exhaust right now as you can see in my profile. Next weekend im putting on a 2.5 turbo back with dump tube. Im taking a educated guess and saying that my stock clutch is not going to hold to long with 5g rpm launches and the added power. Anyways I know a very good mitsu-mechanic(sp?), He has worked for the dealer service department for 15+ years, and I actually bought my car from him a few years back. His expertise' is limited to stock parts though, Im planning on purchasing the ACT 2100+he is hooking me up with a new"from the dealer" flywheel for "free" dollars as he says it and he is going to install all........I would install it , but I think saving myself time, head-achs,and not laying under a car on short jack stands+ cant beat his $175 labor!!!!! I want to know everything I should purchase/modify/relpace and tell him to watch for, inorder to get the job done RIGHT!!! Im thinking of things such as thrust bearings, braided lines, or other things that will help me pull the most out of my tranny/ ACT 2100(even things such as a different Pressure Plate). Any knowlage of that are differnet (alingments,parts,ect.)from stock relpacements would help greatly!! Ya, its AWD and I know somebody will say get the 2600, but I feel that my goal of 13.5 ET's and few drag passes every year does not require it + I done feel like breaking #@%#@%#@%#@%( obviously, its more prone to break with a heaver clutch) I really done want this to turn in to 2100 vs. 2600 argument....i've done the research!!!!

:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Get a new pivot ball, and throw out bearing. Everythign else should be with the kit. I'd also recommend getting a new shift fork.

PS. I know you were't asking... but get the 2600 :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Why would I want the 2600 for what im doing????I see it as overkill that puts stress on parts that is not need for a 13's car, dont you. Plus if I mess up on a launch( dropping it to fast ) or hit the wrong gear( i know everyone has done it!!!) ....there goes my tranny and I no longer have transportation to work!! I feel safer with the 2100. Is there more parts you would suggest replacing if I went with the 2600??????

1 - 3 of 3 Posts