DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here is my deal. I have a 90 Talon Tsi. It was my buddys and he busted the center diff. He got sent to Japan for the marines so I bought the car. I bought a used tranny to put in. Well I got it in the other day, got it all together with a new disc and a 2600 pressure plate with the flywheel stepped to .610. Well I tried driving it and it would engage the clutch enough to move the car but once you tried going somewhere it would slip like hell. Well I figured it was the slave cylinder. So I swapped in a new 2g slave cylinder since I had one lying around. Bled it and it still did the same thing. Engaged fine but when the clutch pedal was all the way out, it would slip like no other. So I pull the tranny and throw in a flywheel, disc and pp setup out of my 98 GSX that I know works. Put it all back together and it still does the same thing. Im at a loss here. Ive replaced everything and still doesnt work. The pressure plate, disc and flywheel are out of my 98 which I know works. Ive replaced the TOB, slave cylinder and bled it a million times and to no avail, it still doesnt work! Any ideas are welcomed! Please help me out......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Doesn't sound like a hydraulic problem at all when your off the clutch pedal. However, you said the clutch slips when your have the pedal pressed in though? That being the case, that would be a hydraulic issue, I could see the hydraulic system being faulty in that. But when your off the clutch pedal, theres no pressure on the hydraulic system to disengage the clutch. Especially since it slips when you have the pedal in.

As far as getting the car to move, no doubt the clutch is engage fully. So something else is wrong. Unless a DSM has a TOTALLY different hydraulic system than what I'm thinking of. So I could be wrong.

You said you replaced the diff, you sure the diff isn't bad though? Or possibly not together properly?

Anyway we can get this thing on the lift today and check it out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is it possible you've been installing the throwout bearing incorrectly and it's hanging up on the pressure plate and/or not allowing proper travel to engage/disengage?

Just athought...

Aaron

·
Registered
30 Posts
We changed it today, it was the visuss coupling that was causing it not to move. . . Moves now. . .

Problem now is the clutch disengagement. The clutch doesn't seem to wanna disengage fully, other than adjusting the pedal and putting a modded rod in the slave, what else can you do to help disengagement?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts