DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get a long braided SS clutch fluid line, one that runs all the way from the master to the slave cylinder. I am converting my car to a 5-spd, and want to avoid messy pipe bending..

Anyone have any advice, or should I just bend my own piping?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Ok question 2.. Does anyone know what pressure plate rating are the Centerforce plates for DSMS?

------------------
1992 Eagle Talon TSI
13.8 @ 105.3 mph AT
Being Converted to 5-spd

·
Registered
871 Posts
you should be able to find some one in your area that can make a braided line, auto parts store, place that does hydralics etc...
as far as the cf pp's, i think they are rated around 2100lbs :(

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You're also going to need some AN flare to metric pipe conversion fittings to do the job properly. I would assume that you'll be using -3 hose to do this job. Also, check out an industrial distributor like Cambar, Motion Industries, Applied Industrial Tech., etc. They'll be able to help you 300% better and with lower prices than your local speed shop, and usually have all the materials in stock.

Just tryin to help a brother out.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tips guys. What exactly is AN an Flare to metric conversion? I called Extreme, and they had no clue, well I should say the guy I talked to had no clue, he suggested I called a turbo place, so I did... THey wanted an insane price... 200 bucks.

So someone else suggested I call Road Race Engineering, so I did, but every time I do I get the dam answering machine. :( I will call tomorrow again.. But I will call a local rally shop tomorrow. Tad Motosports, and see if they can fabricate one for me.

As far as the centerforce. Well I'm a student, so I am poor (can't afford an ACT now), but I got the centerforce off a friend who bought it used, and then decided to go with a new clutch. It was kinda of glazed, but I sanded it down, and turned the pressure plate on a lathe. So it should hold until next summer. I am fwd, so it wouldn't be under much stress... :)

As far as local speed shops..... Oh my, after one of them blew my engine, I vowed to no longer let anyone work on my car ever again. 2 clutch swaps, 1 engine/ Tranny rebuild later, I have had no problems. :D

Thanks Again
Pete

------------------
1992 Eagle Talon TSI
13.8 @ 105.3 mph AT
Being Converted to 5-spd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts