DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm having trouble with clutch disengagement in my newly acquired, 93 talon awd. No mattter how much I bleed the clutch I am still unable to select gears. With the adjustment all the way out on the master cylinder rod and the cruise switch backed off I can only achieve a pedal height of about 5.75in hes, noticably lower than the brake pedal. The master cylinder and slave cylinder are new, non-oem units along with a goodridge, stainless slave line.

I have much more pedal height in my 92 awd which has a low mileage oem master cylinder. Has anyone had issues with aftermarket clutch master cylinders and pedal height/adjustment? It just dosn't seem to have the throw needed to disengage the clutch. I need opinions before I go wasting time on laborous tasks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The pedal assembly has no play, the master rod moves instantly with clutch pedal activation. I cannot pull up on the pedal either after the clutch has been depressed to the floor.

-The TOB is an aftermarket included with the fidanza stage 2.1 clutch kit,all fairly new. Flywheel step is .610" on a freshely resurfaced flywheel.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try the mitsu m/c out of my other car (down for other repairs at the moment) tomorrow. I'm convinced the cheapo m/c installed by the previous owner does not have enough rod length for proper pedal height.

Do all 1g dsm's use the same m/c, any difference between fwd and awd? The reason I ask is the slave cylinder I took off the car was from a fwd model.

Hopefully swapping the m/c will do the trick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts