DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
XTD STAGE 3 CLUTCH & FLYWHEEL /93-99 ECLIPSE /TALON FWD for $340 worth it? I only have a lightly modded gst eclipse

·
Banned
158 Posts
Yeah man, that clutch is the shit. Everyone on here dogs them . i have had one for 2 years now, and it is far better than my act and centerforce clutches that i have had, the reason is that they have springs in the disc to smooth the engagement, and they do not slip. I got mine for 210.00 and used the stock flywheel. so i bet that it is even better with a nice flywheel.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I put an XTD in my AWD with a Fidanza 8lbs flywheel. 200 mile into the break-in, one of the stress springs in the hub shot out. i'm trying to get my money back now. i switched to an act 2600.

I don't like them because of the obvious. not sure if i just got a lemon?!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Vent:

I'm digging this thread up just in case some one searches for "XTD Clutch". my last post in here was on 11/8/05. I still have yet to receive any help from the bastard that runs XTD, Jimmy. Its been 4 months and no money back. I sent the clutch back 2 months ago....no he is telling me he has no idea who i am and that he doesn't have the clutch i sent him.

Its almost impossible to get Jimmy to answer the phone. The guy is a low life that always pulls the "I'm a F&%#ing retard, and I don't know what you're talking about" card.

If there was a way to electronically reach thru a phone, I would slap him like a bitch!

End vent.

·
Premium Member
12,621 Posts
bryanwheat said:
Yeah man, that clutch is the shit. Everyone on here dogs them . i have had one for 2 years now, and it is far better than my act and centerforce clutches that i have had, the reason is that they have springs in the disc to smooth the engagement, and they do not slip. I got mine for 210.00 and used the stock flywheel. so i bet that it is even better with a nice flywheel.
There are also springs in the ACT street disc. I'm not dogging it but how exactly is it far better than an ACT?

·
Registered
195 Posts
not only did the spring shoot out, but one of the pucks - on both sides - had started to deteriorate like an AutoZone brake pad. after my troubles with the xtd, i searched around to see if anyone else had problems. i found a few forums where people had posted about their suspicions that the pressure plates are stock spray painted pressure plates!? looking at the xtd and the ACT, i saw what people were talking about the over spray from the paint....but who knows

in my opinion: the clutch is shady + the guy is shady = my situation

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea stay with the ACT! are you going with the 2600? while you're at it, change the clutch fork, pivot ball, and of course the throw out bearing. about 3 weeks after my 2600 install, my fork snapped in half. i shimmed the new fork with an old head bolt washer. its right at 1mm thick. you can score a revised fork from MachV.com for a good price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts