DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya, I just recently got a '98 GSX w/ the 17" factory rims that have engraved DSM logos in the centers. I read somewhere where a guy used paint to fill in the engraved logos. I bought the mitsubishi factory paint in the same red as my car (comes in a small bottle with an applicator much like nail polish). I have a pretty steady hand, and it turned out alright, but once you get within 2ft u can tell it's hand-painted on.

Anyway, anyone know where I can buy stickers that'll fit in the logo instead? I want the base red color. TiA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I dont know where you could buy stickers, but the correct way to paint the logos on is to buy touch-up SPRAY paint. Take each wheel off the car. Go inside a garage or somewhere its not windy and/or dusty. Mask off the rest of the wheel with newspaper and masking tape (anywhere you dont want to get painted) and use a coat or two of spray primer where you want to put the logo(use VERY LIGHT coats). Wait til dry, then spray two or three VERY LIGHT coats of the colored paint. Then, using VERY, VERY fine sandpaper, sand of any high spots. Finally, spray on a light coat or two of clear coat. Let dry overnight before putting back on your car and driving it. You can get spray touch-up paint at any decent auto parts store. GOOD LUCK!

-Andrew-
90 GSX, Las Vegas, NV

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have stickers in the logos on my wheels. Unfotunately I didn't get Mitsu logos, I just got a sheet of the color I wanted from the local sticker store. I then placed a small square large enough to cover the whole diamond, then traced the lines with an exacto knife. Didn't come out perfect, but it did come out pretty well.

------------------
1995 GS-T
Perfection Thru Speed

·
Registered
882 Posts
dude, if you're going to take your wheel off you can just pop the center cap out, that way you dont have to mask off your entire wheel... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you want a sticker, you could just by some special paper (from kinoks or someplace like that) that peels off like a sticker. Just stick i tin your printer and print out a red square big enough to cover the logo. then take and exacto knife and cut it out. but I don't if a sticker ould stay on for very long.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,496 Posts
I think if you just took you center cap off, mask it and cut out the logo it will work a lot better. I think spray touch up would be better.

Grilf-Your car has come a long way.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have mine painted with nissan red from wal mart, and put clearcoat over it to protect it, and it turned out quite well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts