DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im gettng a compression test done tomorrow morning. Im just wondering what some compression numbers should be for a 1991 Talon with 172,000km's on it should be around. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Compression #'s *results*

Got the test done today. Should I be worried about cyl #3 :confused:

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
140's arent bad for that compression ratio and miles.. was the car fully warmed and throttle open? try adding oil to the low cylinder and see if it shoots up with higher numbers

·
Registered
575 Posts

White91TalonTsi said:
Got the test done today. Should I be worried about cyl #3 :confused:
Yes, that is too low and too far from the other #s, I will have to look at the manual when I get home but I believe they should all be within 15 of each other.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

knewblewkorvett said:
Yes, that is too low and too far from the other #s, I will have to look at the manual when I get home but I believe they should all be within 15 of each other.
Yea he said my wire was shot though. I think that plays a big factor and im geting new wires real soon. Any reccomendations?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
575 Posts
:confused:
spark plug wire should have nothing to do with compression
:confused:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmm :confused: . Arnt you supposed to runt he car hard before the test? i babied it then it just cooled off int he shop for about 45 mins then he did the test.

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
The car is supposed to be at operating temp when you do the test.
Shane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts