DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok there is a guy around here with a 96 civic HX with a 1.6L SOHC
ok i helped the guy put a bomex body kit on it and it looks really nice.
he has done some motor work on his civic and says it will run 10's N/A no nitrous or forced induction. and the 10's is in the 1/4 mile.
i doubt this car will run 10's i actually think it will run maybe low 15's.
here is a list of what he has done to it..
i'm copy pasting this from clubsi where i have a thread all about this civic and he came and posted everything he has dong to it.

14.7:1 compression, crower connecting rods, crower valves, crower valve springs, crower titaniam retainers, cam, ported, polished, blueprinted,shaved the head, hi-flow 460cc injectors, venom intake manifold, hi- flow fuel rail, venom 400 module, jet programmed computer, dc header 4-1, exhaust, fuel flow regulator, iceman cold air intake, full 3" exhaust is on the way

clubsi thread about this civic

·
Registered
493 Posts
that thread is hilarious. also the kid is full of shit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it is.
ohhh and i'm "awd_dsm" on there by the way.
i know i know don't make fun of me.. i don't have a dsm but i love em so much.
but it cracks me up that he thinks that car is a 10sec car...
and he offered me a bet of $500 that it would run 10's

·
Banned
151 Posts
The kid is telling me about how he put 9 carlengths on a modded 01 WS6 Firebird to 110. lol Wonder if he forget to mention the Firebird wasn't racing. hehehe

He wants to spot me 6 cars and race him for 250 bucks in my truck. My truck has track proven 14.5 slips and should run high 13s/low 14s NA right now. On top of that, I am getting ready to install an NX nitrous kit. Maybe I should make some quick cash. LOL.

:cool:

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
I would think it would take much more than 9 car lengths on a 01 WS6 to have a car capable of 10's. WS6's aren't that fast, especially to cause 9 car lengths to equate to 3 seconds in time.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
319 Posts
BWAHAHAHAHA what a weiner kid tell me where he lives so i can personally kick him in the balls then beat him in my NT :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL.... too much TF&TF for this kid don't ya think?
10's on a barely built 1.6L SOHC civic... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
and he has told everyone it's going to run 10's i'm for sure going to the track weekend after next when he takes it to see it run a scalding 15.xx bwahahahahaa

·
Registered
319 Posts
Tell him to go shove that shity sohc civic somewhere nasty ;)

honestly tho this has to be the stupidest kid ever who ever heard of a 1.6 sohc running 10s on a daily driver :rice:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah i think it's funny that even his own people (the civic people)
are saying that there is no way on this great earth that his HX civic will run 10's...
And this civic has caused most of my friends to split... there's me in the non believers that it's not going to run anywhere near 10's then the other friends have have fed into his BS and really honestly think it is going to run 10's...
I'm like it's just a 15 sec. car nothing to fight over.. :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
that guy is full of it. fact: with a 14.7 : 1 compression ratio, his motor would be classified as a diesel engine. i believe the max compression ratio for a gasoline engine is around 13 : 1. we're talking racing engine here. anything more than 13:1 would create
so much heat in the combustion camber the air/ fuel mixture would ignite itself. that is why diesel engines don't have spark plugs. because they don't need them. so, i'm calling BS.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check this out.

http://www.overboost.com/story.asp?id=532

This is a SOHC 1.6L that runs 10.6 @ 123mph all motor. It can be done. This is also the worlds fastest SOHC. The next fastest out there runs 11.4's. So if this moron thinks his car runs 10's then he has the second or maybe even the fastest SOHC out there.

:rolleyes:

If you don't have full access, that car was de-stroked and bored which makes it 1.53 L. It also has some seriously top secret headwork done to it. If you can check out the exhaust manifold etc. This car is a masterpiece.

·
Registered
77 Posts
moneypit said:
that guy is full of it. fact: with a 14.7 : 1 compression ratio, his motor would be classified as a diesel engine. i believe the max compression ratio for a gasoline engine is around 13 : 1. we're talking racing engine here. anything more than 13:1 would create
so much heat in the combustion camber the air/ fuel mixture would ignite itself. that is why diesel engines don't have spark plugs. because they don't need them. so, i'm calling BS.
Ive seen a gasoline engine running 18:1...but then again it was a 2stroke.

Ryan

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
moneypit said:
Well there happens to be a car that runs on gas in this issue of summits catalog that has 14:1 comp ratio. it also happens to hold the title of the worlds quickest street car. 118 race gas is some amazing shit.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Ah, that looks like a fully built civic hatch, drag only, with fiberglass body and shit. Prolly weighs bout what a go kart does. lol

The car we're talking aout is a stock bodied civic coupe. lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
my mistake. diesel engine compression ratios start @ 14:1 on the low end and go to upwards of 25:1. so that summit racing honda or what ever it was is right on the ragged edge. unless, that de-stroke crankshaft brings the compression ratio down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
dantheman said:
that thread is hilarious. also the kid is full of shit.
you sound just like that guy on some board who owned a Vette. he taunted this civic owner constantly, the civic owner told him to put his money where his mouth is, vette owner did and got his ass handed to him. hahaha, loved it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts