DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just realized that I have an exhaust leak somewhere. When coasting down, I can hear a little "grumbling". I can also hear what sounds like a ticking at low rpms.(Especially when cold) I have never really reved my girl that high, but in this case it was necessary. I don't have a boost gauge, except for the factory one. But I was curious, so I pinned it. Even at WOT all the way up to ~5200rpms the factory gauge never got above 7psi. I pretty sure that it is an exhaust leak. If so it is probably in the manifold, right? And if it is, where is the best place to get a 2nd gen mani? and should I get it already ported? My only mods are hacked air can and K&N. thanks

pete
90 tsi

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Could be... but also possible, your exhaust manifold gasket may have blown out. Pop the hood and gun the engine while you are right there. You can often hear or see where it is coming from.

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would check the manifold. a 95 manifold would be something to check into. that is what i am doing. i know a couple of people selling 95 ported with egt guages in them. they want about 170 for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$170? that is about the best I've seen. I am going to check tomorrow or the next day to see exactly where i am leaking. But if you could get me the contacts to get one of those mani's I would be greatful. Thanks. Ohyeah...It would be ok to put a ported mani on a car with stock exhaust right? Eventually i will be going with 3" all the way around, but until this small college budget gets a boost, I'll settle for stock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
$170!!! Holy ****! Over here in Japan I can get a brand new one right from the Mitsu dealer for Y10,000(about $95). They came on the Evolution III.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go to mitsupartsdirect.com and type in part #md308197 thats the part # for the 95+ manifold their price is only 159.07 and I think they pay shipping on your first order I buy all my factory parts through them because they are the cheapest and fastest I have found.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts