DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lots of smoke between 1-2 shift last for about 5 sec after engagment now and getting worse, color, white/blue, smell, burnt oil? im slowly losing oil, not loosing coolent, i still boost great with smoke, no performance lose, compression as of 2 weeks ago 160-175, its getting worse everyday, turbo had no shaft play as of 3 months ago, no leaks anywhere on the ground, no weird sounds, just smoke out exhaust, its getting to where i might not be able to drive it becuase of to much smoke. i have some bluish it seems smoke at idle and when i come to a red light a cloud goes by me, ive been told, turbo, head gasket, VALVE SEALS or rings, like i said car runs smooth and if i had no rear view mirror i would have never known there was a problem. so please tell me your experiences, im leaning towards valve seals, 120k on motor thanks

·
Premium Member
3,398 Posts
Your turbo may have a blown seal, but seeing that you have been boosting hard on it for the last 3 months, your probaly right its your valve seals. I think if the turbo seals were crappy 3 months ago, you would have developed some shaft play by now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update my car now sits in my driveway, there is tooooooo much smoke now i can not drive it on the road, it now happens all the time no matter what even at idle and it smells terrible, i dont dare boost it now, and i just got my tmo datalogger! anymore votes on valve seals??? the haynes manual has a prosedure on how to replace them without removing head, so i will try it, is there such thing as better then stock valve seals?? or just go ahead with oem seal around $20 i think

·
Registered
295 Posts
Valve Seals should not create that much smoke

I am about 90% sure you blew a turbo seal.. I have blown 3 yes three of them with my different DSMs, evertime its like u described. MASSIVE SMOKE, you cant drive the car... Let put it this way when I was on 68th street I could see in my rearview where I was on 66th... Its INSANE.

Anyways get a new turbo and/or get yours rebuilt, and when u get done putting your turbo back on... CLEAN OUT THE IC AND ALL OFF THE PIPING, oil in the intake track doesn't help and will hurt performance.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would still smoke at idle and when im at full vacume? it smoke no matter how much boost or any rpm now, and all my temps are normal and i guess your car will overheat if its a head gasket

1 - 5 of 5 Posts