DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Have to let me know how that fan works out. I think it's the same thing as the Mishimoto heavy duty fans that flow like 2000CFM, so if it helps you, it'll definitely be something I look for on my 2G when I go FMIC.

We all gotta meet up this summer! Dunno how long it'll take me to get my 2G running but hopefully BEFORE I leave for my mission trip to Africa on July 21st would be nice. I want to ride in this beast!
Yes, yes we do. Lets make this happen. Yeah this fan moves some air! 3,300 cfm, I'll update you once it gets a bit warmer out.

Do you have an air diverter under the radiator? Had similar issues when I put my front mount on. Put a plastic air diverter underneath and the problem went away.

I do not actually Steve, I might have to look into this if my issue continues.

·
Site Administrator
9,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Never really cared for the red pin stripe and unfortunately doesn't just peel off. I've been tossing around the idea of powder coating the rims when I get new tires to either Gunmetal or Bronze to add a little "pop" to the car. Since I couldn't decide on which color, I made up my mind to plasti-dip the rims to test the color before fully committing. I personally don't like plasti-dip but oh well, as soon as it starts to peel/look like crap I'm removing all of it.

"Before"

"Finished" I'll get a better pictures tomorrow during the day on the car.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Cars looking tittys man! Hows that new Perma-cool fan working out for you? I'm going to run a similar radiator on my 1g an may pick one up if you haven't had any problems with it.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Cars looking tittys man! Hows that new Perma-cool fan working out for you? I'm going to run a similar radiator on my 1g an may pick one up if you haven't had any problems with it.
Thanks bro! That fan is no joke, that thing moves some serious air and looks clean. Definitely worth the price to have the piece of mind.

Well I like the color, might just go ahead and powder coat.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Boost leak test good to 36 PSI, mixed Water/Methanol, now its time to tune.

·
Site Administrator
9,819 Posts
Steve, is that diverter like a lip that extends from the lower front edge of the radiator directing air to its front?
Yes under the radiator sticking down an inch or two into the under car air stream. It doesn't so much physically divert the air up and through but more a phenomenon which creates pressure in front and a vacuum behind it. Basically pulling the air up and through the radiator more effectively. It does help to have the gaps around the radiator, core, front mount, etc. Closed up. Similar to the big plastic surround they put there. That way the air can't escape through other areas of least resistance. Goal is to have as much flowing through the radiator. The front mount and evaporator block/add a lot of resistance in the front air flow. Diverter adds another source of cooling air that hasn't been "preheated" by the two prior cooling coils.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Got a small update, pictures are worth a thousand words.

Finally got my Evo 9 SSL front/rear seats and custom brackets.

Replacing my minty fresh interior for more headroom.

Hard to tell, but its probably a solid 5 inches lower :)

Got a used carpet to clean up, Dye, and install.

24 hours in a tub...

Wasn't dark enough and had a couple spots that needed more color. So I went over the whole thing with Dupi-color carpet paint.

Gutted the interior and cleaned it up.

Time to install rear seat, had to cut off some tabs for the old seats and gut some of the foam on the evo rear.

Front brackets for bolt-on evo seats.

Front and rear seats installed.

Grey floor mats looked better on grey carpet.. Might need to get black now, these look dirty compared to the carpet.

And that's all she wrote..

·
Honorary Moderator
2,723 Posts
LOVE the seats in there.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Can't wait to see those seats and carpet in person. You're doing all this damn work and I'm stuck here in gimp-mode with my knee. Bah! And I'm so close!! :(

Great stuff, Joe!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Thanks guys! Seats look like they belong and love the way it turned out. Very comfortable and plenty of head room for me.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Crazy last year to say the least! Divorced, solo drive from FL to AK in 7 days in a Uhaul and the beater on a trailer. Car sat for the entire year of 2016 while I was adulting and building my investment portfolio, needless to say a very busy year. Life's finally settled down and decided it was time to get her back on the road.

Pull the the long block, had the short block rebuilt and assembled by local shop. Working in a non heated garage sucks so took me a few weeks, lol. Assembled long block, dropped it in and went for initial start up Sat. Zero compression in #4, which is strange considering the head is fresh but the compression numbers got gradually worse from #1-#3 then zero. So I'm suspecting a tweaked head or crack somewhere. Pulled the head Sun and going to drop it off today to get checked.

Old update: 2015
Got another alternator went to shit so I finally spent the money on a brand new high output 160 amp alternator and sealed battery. Full charge at idle! Beautiful. Haha.

I'll update current pictures once I get photobucket to not be a lag fest. Photobucket sucks now.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Trailered from Florida to Alaska then sitting for a year really took a toll on my baby.

"Now, me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the block... and replace the piston rings you fried." -DOM

Pulled, dissembled, dropped off at the machine shop.

Safety First!!!

Trailered to my new home an hour away and a double car garage. Finally.

So much room for activities!

Installed!

#1 150 #2 135 #3 120 #4 0
Yeah... so I suspect a tweaked head or cracked in cylinder #4

Head's going to the machine shop today to get checked.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts