DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

241 - 246 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Woooo updates!

And honestly what's worked for me is setting launch at 5500rpm, and slipping it a little more. Don't slip too much, just a linear release. I'd try it slow release at first and work your way up to see what works best. Just give it the proper cool down time inbetween runs.

AWESOME to hear updates from you though! I'm not on facebook anymore so I don't keep up with anyone anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
Hard for me to slip this 4 puck ceramic disk, just gonna need some more seat time for sure.

Well update, good and bad news.

GOOD: Car runs/drives good and I'll be able to meet my car shipment date of the 29th on time. No bent valves!

BAD: Last weekend I raced at our largest car event AK RACEWARS, car didn't like 8500 rpms... My guess is rev limit didn't catch it till around 9K and I floated valves? Died after shifting into 4th. Valve cover has a couple new battle scars, destroyed couple lifters, rockers, and retainers. After sourcing out all the parts/tools got it all back together this morning, drove it, changed oil and very very small glitter in the oil and I cut open the filter and no big chunks. Regardless looks like I'll be doing a rebuild in my near future.

Side note: Being in the states I should be able to source a block out much quicker and cheaper.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
Update: May have dodged a bullet! I've changed the oil 3 times and cut the filters opens each time within 20 miles. ZERO copper or chunks of any sort and sounds and runs solid. Although my leak down test was 20-30% across the board on a cold engine but some of that I expect is due to my PTW clearance being a little bigger then recommended per Mahle. Either way I'm relieved!

E85 here I come! LESGO!!!

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Flex fuel sensor installed and running beautifully on E85 and those high Z injectors.

Don't mind the dirty bay, still need to clean it. Also thinking about painting the chrome piping wrinkle black, just can't decide what to do with the BOV and WG.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #245 (Edited)
I have finally reached my goal of having a 500awhp Daily driver, been a long journey as many of you know... LOL

Usually around ~43PSI on the street but average boost was only ~39PSI on the Dyno, assuming just not enough load but regardless very happy with the numbers.

543awhp & 460 awtq. Shout out @realstreetperformance for fitting me in!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Week after dyno turbo finally went south, common issue with the HX40's above 40psi and require more oil but some still seem to fail. Decided to upgrade to a billet wheel while I was rebuilding the turbo. People have seen 79lbs/min @40PSI with this billet wheel setup. I also drilled out my oil restrictor a bit more to a -3an feed size.

Noticed ExtremePSI finally had o2 gaskets that properly fit the BEP housings so decided to replace, should help with flow and back pressure.

Replaced injector clips with quick release clips (no more losing clips) and wrapped wires in AlexTech.

Should put me near 600 now from my last dyno, I'm done. LOL.

Attachments

241 - 246 of 246 Posts