DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, This is for people who wants to customized their DSMs. First of, this is NOT a Clear Lights. It's YOUR STOCK lights.
This is what I do. I apply this chemical that turn into a film tint. It is not a Film Tint that you use on your windows. It's a special chemical that TURN INTO a film tint. So you can peel off and restore your lights back to stock, if you want. It will let 90% of the light pass through, so at night it looks as if it was stock. In the daytime it looks SiLVER (not smoked or BLACK). And when you step on the brake or turn on the turn signal, it looks STOCK.
(You can see on the Picture.)It will not peel off and fade in the sun/rain/snow. Unless you actually try and peel it off.

This is what you will need to do: You will have to pack and send your lights to me in a big enough box with padding so it will not
crack or chip. And as soon as I get your lights I will work on it the same day and ship it back the same day.

***It is NOT a smoke spray tint that you can buy anywhere, which BLOCK about 75-80% of the lights. And You CAN NOT REMOVE it easily and will leave marks and discolor your light.***

The price is $125 for 3pc rear lights, 2 rear side marker & 3rd break light. Total of 6pc for any year DSM.
I can also do half red and half silver for those of you that wants it.
I can also do other lights(headlight/side marker) and other cars.

If you live in Tri-State Area(NY/NJ) you can save money on shipping and save time on shipping, if you drop it off personally. So if you drop it off it's $100.

Please let me know if your interested.
E-Mail me at: xxxxxx

For Pic. Please goto: xxxxxxxxx

***PLEASE E-MAIL me DIRECTLY for all the Ordering info.***
xxxxxxxxxxxx

[This message has been edited by ZiN (edited October 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by WhoaTed (edited October 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Um, you said there was going to be a picture?

-M

------------------
92 TSI AWD
2.5" DP, 3" cat, 3" catback
MBC @ 14 psi
Autometer Phantom Boost
Gauge & A Pillar Pod

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey guys,
Umm...I've looked into this before, and basically you can get a special spray from Robocars that also peels off when dry etc, for about $25. I'm not sure if it's the same chemical, but it seems to be awfully expensive to just have some lights painted, imo. Just presenting a possible alternative here.

[This message has been edited by Jehu (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Sorry to carry on here, but this is really bugging me.
Zin, I have contacted you before, but never got a chance to discuss this further.
Now, as for your special chemical.
1. Did you develop the formula yourself, or is this available to the general public?
2. What is the actual cost of the chemical to you?
I think that unless if you spent capital in developing/discovering this chemical, you shouldn't charge so much for it. I remember a while back you wanted $100 for just the chemical. If this is a commercially available chemical, then I have a problem with your prices, as you are just charging for the knowledge of finding out the chemical works.
You have asked other DSMers for help when you have had a problem with your car, and I don't think anyone else asked money in exchange for info.

Like I said guys, sorry to vent, but I feel that the DSM group as a whole has been about helping each other out, not ripping each other off. If we find something that works, we tell each other about it...if you DEVELOP a new product, then you sell it. You should feel free to charge for labor of painting the lights, but I don't think you should charge a high premium for the knowledge of which product to use, not in the context of free exchange of info found in the DSM group anyway. As always, this is IMHO.

[This message has been edited by Jehu (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm not trying to make tons of money of this thing... To tell u the truth I get this chemical from japan. I have family there and the cost of over 2/3 to buy and shipping.. so and I'm goign to have to spend time doing this and getting the package/material togething and work it out.. it's not as easy as just apply and done.. I've done about 10 lights and my first one i end up doing it over about 2-3 times... If you really think I'm ripping people off than, you're wrong.. After the chemical itself/material to apply/packageing/drying. after all that has been taking off , I end up with almost nothing. and that doesn't include my time that i'm going to have to spend.. so.. and also the chemical is in japanese, if u want just the chemical I'll sell for what i get +shipping. and good luck reading the instruction in japanese. and if u mess it up you're going to have to start all over again and believe me one can isn't going to be enought if u mess it up... and plus you'll spend hrs removeing the mess u made.

If u can find another place to buy than let me know cuz I've been trying to find a place to buy thats in the U.S..

-ZiN-

[This message has been edited by ZiN (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Honorary Moderator
2,889 Posts
Well -ZiN- i like it. looks good. i'm in the New York area. wheres about in NJ? umm nevermind that....duh...
e-mail me personally to know learn more..

[email protected]

------------------
--------------
SaL
DSMing91

[This message has been edited by DSMing91 (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hay I know U!!! (ZIN)M46? I have the green Automatic GSX. Well I have seen the lights in person people and they look really sweet. I would not mind the price for a 1g because what the hell else can you evan find or get for them. THEY LOOK REAL GOOD.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If that is the case then Zin, I must apologize to you. I'm sorry, I thought you just got the chemical locally and just didn't want to share the info. At any rate, I'm not sure if the stuff from Robocar is the same kind of chemical. From what I've seen of the pictures, I must say that it does look good. Do you have pictures of the silver one anywhere?
Anyway, once again, I apologize, and hope that this side work of yours will go well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What colors can it be done in just silver? I wanted to do mine in white. I also dont wanna do my whole rear end just the center part that goes around the license plate on the 93 Talon. What would that cost?

Thanks,
DSM_Alpha

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Zin, when you registered for an account at DSMtalk.com, you agreed, among other things, that: "DSMtalk.com is NOT to be used for the posting of items or services for sale"

I've edited your original post and removed the links, instead of deleting the thread, due to the conversation that ensued. I didn't want to delete everyone's post because of your mistake.

DSMtalk.com is moderated so that, among other things, the forums do not get clogged with "ads". Want to see what an unmoderated forum looks like? Take a look at the Newsgroups

So, nothing against you or your product Zin, its just that these forums are for free-flowing DSMtalk... not ads in the threads. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by WhoaTed (edited October 17, 2000).]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.