DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know who manufactures custom speaker enclosures for 2G's? Not just subwoofer boxes but actual enclosures that molds into the trunk area. Thanks for any info you can provide..

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
11 Posts
I remember this one box that molded (fit perfect) into the side of our trunk I think where the cd changer goes or on the oppisite side it's in one of my old magazines. They came out with an article on it I think JL audio was the speaker either an 8-10. When I get home I'll check for you.....bee back soon

------------------
Brian A.
Pearl White 97 GS-T

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I checked their site and they do make it! It looks cool! But how do you get it? It says check a local dealer but I've been to some of them and they can't help me with it..

------------------
Ray
1998 Eclipse GST
Mods: 3" Thermal R&D, Greddy TypeS bov, Greddy IC Piping, Magnecores, dump tube removal, MBC, Sprint Lowering springs, strut bars, Autometer gauges, HKS timer, custom interior, 17" performance rims

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally home, well I found it in my May '99 issue of Super Street pg 71 if you got it. It's from Cliff Designs it looks just like the one from JL their website didn't work when I tried it :( but here ya go www.cliffdesigns.com Since that didn't work for me you might want to look at these if you haven't yet they go on the floor board by your feet it looks like a clean install.
It's one of those Q-forms kick panels.
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-ns7XxdWay6e/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=2&g=765&I=044K300499&o=M&a=1

I also would check out www.Mtxaudio.com
good luck

------------------
Brian A.
Pearl White 97 GS-T
Stock (yes I know)

·
Registered
333 Posts
i got a box that fits into trunk of a 2G, its perfect square with the truck about 8 inches tall. grey carpeting to match trunk fits 3 JL W6 speakers.
you can have it if you want. FREE
i bought it awhile ago but then sold speakers to buy parts. heh
[email protected]

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you have a Bryn Mawr Stereo and Video, check them. They all sell JL and other high end stuff.

Check also MTX. They started making molded 'stealth boxes' not long ago.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts