DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I currently have a 1g FWD Talon and I'm looking into purchasing a 1g AWD Talon to build up. The car will be a daily driver and I'm planning on installing either a 20g or a t3/t4 50 trim... in the very near future. My current setup is very simple. 3 valve job on head with a mild port and polish, stock bottom end, BR big 16G ported and clipped, 2g exhaust mani, Holey 255 intank with 550 RC injectors, AFC, Apexi DP and full 3" piping with N1 exhaust. Simple yet effective, however recently the car has been burning oil (not visually, but is burning it none the less) so after doing the compression check I've found out that my #2 piston rings are done for. In addition my tranny is taking a shit after only having 10,000 miles since a BR rebuild and not even one track run (go figure). So I decided to get my hands on a cosmetically challanged 1g AWD that I could swap parts into. I now need help with my future setup. I'm not a major track goer, but I wanna have a quick street car. Should I go with a simple 2g pistoned block or should I spend the extra $$ and get a Ross/Eagle block from Jack Merkel? Please help me make up my mind. Again, I will be running a t3/t4 50 trim so I need something that'll hold up. Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
874 Posts
if you are going to upgrade on the big16g, maybe you want to get rid of it?

i am interested (price depending)
e-mail me if you are interested

i am running the 95 pistons on 92 rods

i was told that the 1g rods are good up to 400-450 hp, so if you are trying to get over that, i am guessing while you are down there it will be beneficial to you to get some strong rods

i am also going from a stand point of limited $

1 - 2 of 2 Posts