DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am so pissed,
i changed my trans fluild and that redline sure looks like good stuff, but...my car has never grinded 2nd once till now. every damn time i shift into 2nd it makes a slight grind.
the oil i took out was the original cause the fill bolt was lock tighted in and that shit was nasty and full of crap. looked like 142000 mile oil should though.
now what to do i am so pissed.
the other gears sure shift alot better though.

·
Registered
749 Posts
only thing i can say is you should of asked if people if it was worth using before you used it, dunno what you can do other than drain it and use other fluid, good luck

peace

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont really care if that will fix the grinding.
but i am afraid that i'll spend another 30 bucks and it still grinds.
where to buy and what to get?
i put 75w90 redline in, that what the book says to use. what should i put in this time. (tar) haha

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i would have left that old shit in there it would not be grinding. but every other gear would be hard to shift into. how much for a redone 2nd sincro?
i hate this damn thing anybody want it 1500 bucks :mad:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is 75w90 but its for manual trans said so on the bottle.
it does seem to eat sincros though. GL-6 i think
what the heck should i use?
damn this is driving me crazy should i just take it to the satan and have them do it for like 150 bucks then i will know its the right shit.:confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is what it says on the side of the Redline MT-90 bottle: SAE 75w90 API GL-4 Gear Oil...If you just put it in, you need to let it work for 2-4 weeks before you see any improvement.

I'm currently using Redline MTL & i can tell you, it really cut down on the grinding. Now it only grinds 2nd gear when it's cold. Use to grind in almost all gears. But to me it feels like the clutch isn't pushing out far enough, causing the grinding.

I also changed some of my shifter bushings that were destroyed from old age. Had shavings all over the shifter plate. i still got a few more to change. They help out too.

I'm gonna change over to the MT-90 when i get my Quaife LSD installed.

Good luck...
Saber!...!...!
:USA:

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'm using...well kinda was...redline MTL, and the tranny felt a lot better, 3rd grinded a bit only...other than that the tranny felt pretty smooth.

·
Registered
361 Posts
why dont you CALL redline, and see what they recommend for your car? if you do, then you will probably be surprised to know that they recommend mtl and mt90 in our transmissions. i believe it was 3 to 1. i put in 1 qt of the mt90 and the rest mtl, and it shifts fine. if i remember, it took almost 3 qts. i dont think 75w90 is for our transmissions. redline-800 624 7958. i find it is better to ask the manufacturer, who has a LOT more information on what to use.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
it is 75w90 but its for manual trans said so on the bottle.
I have bottles of 75w90 and mtl.

If your bottle says 75w90 on the front of the bottle it is the wrong type, that is gl-6.

Should say mtl on the front, there is 75w90 and 70w80(i think) types gl-4.

Check your bottle, I almost used it til I read the the bottle.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i am really confused. and kind of :mad: i am going to the mitu dealer today and buying what it has had in there for 11 years.
it work good that long it must be OK.
thanks for all the help
btw what wieght oil does it come with

1 - 13 of 13 Posts