DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Dashboard Lights go off, Radio Dies, Headlight probs???

882 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DMS_STD 
#1 ·
I've had an annoying problem for quite a while now. When I turn on my headlights, sometimes the dashboard lights don't come on and the cd player dies. However, if I toggle the switch a few times, generally the dashboard lights will come on properly and the radio will regain power. There does not seem to be any pattern or predictability as to when the problem occurs. I've replaced the alternator several times and it has a new battery. I also installed a grounding kit hoping it would cure the problem. However, nothing seems to fix what ails it. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to why is occuring. PS, one of my front headlights also seems to be a little dimmer than it should be (connected to this problem?). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
This happened to my 91 eclipse, I replaced the battery and it worked fine. Mine was a little more severe though, it got to the point that if I turned on my headlights while my cd player was going, wiper blades, and something else and I wasn't moving the car would die.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.