DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I bought my car in Michigan in october. Because I imported it into Canada I had to wait for a letter from the government to tell me what to do with the car. Once I got that letter it told me to go to canadian tire to get it inspected.

So I went to canadian tire. But they wont inspect it because the recalls have not been done on the car. So today I dropped of the talon at the dealership to have 3 recalls done. One of them is the ball joint I believe. And they called me from the dealership because they could not get the rims off. I dont know where the wheel lock key is.

All I know is that the rims are Eagle Racing rims. And my deadline to have the car road worthy is the 25th. This is a huge setback because I have school and I dont have alot of time to go around looking for car parts and such.

So does anybody know where I can find one of these keys, a custom wheel place or something?

Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
This may be a stupid question, but have you tried contacting Eagle Racing?
I believe they are quite a large manufacturer. Best wishes :)

·
Honorary Moderator
1,361 Posts
Have them split the nut and pull it off. Then buy new lug nuts.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I got my girlfriend locking lugs off with a chizel and hammer to break them loose, then vicegrips to get the rest of the way off.

Other than that, what do you need help with? Either find the key or get them off with other means.

-Dallas J

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got this advice from tuners:---The fastest thing you can do is go and buy a socket just a little smaller then the diameter of the lock, pound it on over the lock and hopefully you can get it out.---

So I called the dealership and told them to try it. 10 mins later they called me back and said that it worked.

Thanks for your replies though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
or ask the dealer this.You guys need to get some mechanics.Do you mean to tell me that if a car comes in with stubborn wheels,your "Factory Trained personel" can't take them off?Before you get nasty though,try to find the right key for it.So what would you tell your customer,I can't take your wheels off?Dealers are a bitch,since they try to treat people like idiots,sometimes you gotta do the same.I don't mean to offend any dealer techs,by this.It is not inteneded towards you guys,But the assholes you guys call boss that are always looking for a way to weasel out of a recall or warranty.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Whiplash said:
One of them is the ball joint I believe. And they called me from the dealership because they could not get the rims off.
I'm wondering why they needed to remove the wheels for this recall. ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who knows...anyways, right as they are closing they call me and inform me that my car is not done because the recall package they ordered does not come with some sort of o-ring for the fuel tank. And they cant put my old tank back on until the new o-ring comes in. So instead of getting my car back yesterday (wed) I have to wait until saturday or maybe even monday...

·
Registered
220 Posts
they cant go to an autoparts store and get an o-ring? they need to learn to improvise and take action.

·
Registered
310 Posts
go to a different dealer man. if they can't get a wheel lock off then you shouldn't let them touch your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hey, I had the same problem, First jack up your car. Then take off the lug nuts. Try kicking the tire. I fit dont come off, try to using a crowe bar. Put the crowe bar inside the rim, leaning to the calipers and just bend the crowe bar. Shold come right off.

·
Registered
701 Posts
1G-TSI-RACER said:
Hey, I had the same problem, First jack up your car. Then take off the lug nuts. Try kicking the tire. I fit dont come off, try to using a crowe bar. Put the crowe bar inside the rim, leaning to the calipers and just bend the crowe bar. Shold come right off.
I doubt a lug nut will just 'pop' off. I agree with either cracking the lug nut or just calling the wheel manufacturer and buying a new key.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts