DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dec 3rd 9am - 6pm Street Legals Car/Driver: $20 Spectator: $10

I want to get some of us So Cal DSM'rs there. I should have my car ready and if I dont I will still be showing up. I know of a few people who are going to be there but I would like to make it a bigger gathering since we are always swamped by the honda crowds.

be there by 7am at the latest if you want to race, I would say 6am would be the best time.

http://www.californiaspeedway.com/index.jsp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also want to add, if you want to meet up ahead of time someplace we can do that. There is a Carls Jr nearby where we could all meet and that way we get in together and can race each other or whatever. At least it would give us the ability to park near eachother in the pits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one in So Cal interested?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Good luck brotha. No DSM's around these forums. I been trying for months. I'm down but I think it might just be me and you. I was going to go today but plans fell through but I'm down for the 3rd and have about 5 friends to roll to but there not dsm's. Hit me up. 562-572-2756 Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a couple friends who will be going who have DSM's and a SRT-4 buddy going. I will hit you up next weekend to set something up. hopefully more people are willing to go, it would be nice to get a group together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BUMP

I have 4 or 5 friends coming, 3 of them with DSM's, one GSR or RSX ( depending on what he wants to drive ) and a SRT-4. I might have another GST and a RS showing up as well.

come on So Cal, Lets represent up in that bitch. Fontana isnt that far from anyone ( except Diego ) and it ends at 6pm which means you wont be out late on Saturday, you will still have time to go out and club in LA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The_EE said:
BUMP

I have 4 or 5 friends coming, 3 of them with DSM's, one GSR or RSX ( depending on what he wants to drive ) and a SRT-4. I might have another GST and a RS showing up as well.

come on So Cal, Lets represent up in that bitch. Fontana isnt that far from anyone ( except Diego ) and it ends at 6pm which means you wont be out late on Saturday, you will still have time to go out and club in LA.
I would go, but I live in Ventura, so I would have to leave by at least 4:30-5 a.m. and we all know fontucky will be so crowded that you will only get a couple of passes on the track. If you want to have a meet at the track we should meet up at LACR they are open every Wednesday and Friday night from 5-10p.m.(and you will get like 2-3 passes an hour there) and my friend has a dyno up there so you can go up early and dyno it then it is only like 5min from his dyno to the track. I usually go to LACR once a week :D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
I wish I could show up but my car is tooooo slooooooow to even go near a race track !!!
I wish I had bought a faster car I got suckerd by a pretty Turbo Wing:(
I go to the Chevy dealer see if he will sell me a Cobalt SS Super Charged at a price so good I can't leave the lot w/o it!!! :)
And it had better be a deal would to wake up the dead!!! :eek:
If I do get a good deal I post a victory dance if not I keep on griping on this site :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AMWBoostin805 said:
I would go, but I live in Ventura, so I would have to leave by at least 4:30-5 a.m. and we all know fontucky will be so crowded that you will only get a couple of passes on the track. If you want to have a meet at the track we should meet up at LACR they are open every Wednesday and Friday night from 5-10p.m.(and you will get like 2-3 passes an hour there) and my friend has a dyno up there so you can go up early and dyno it then it is only like 5min from his dyno to the track. I usually go to LACR once a week :D.
What is LACR? Its sounds interesting and something I would be willing to do sometime in the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fullmoon said:
I wish I could show up but my car is tooooo slooooooow to even go near a race track !!!
I wish I had bought a faster car I got suckerd by a pretty Turbo Wing:(
I go to the Chevy dealer see if he will sell me a Cobalt SS Super Charged at a price so good I can't leave the lot w/o it!!! :)
And it had better be a deal would to wake up the dead!!! :eek:
If I do get a good deal I post a victory dance if not I keep on griping on this site :)
There are a lot of slow cars out there, you will see tons of Honda's :D

Just showing up is a ton of fun. I have done it myself, not raced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The_EE said:
What is LACR? Its sounds interesting and something I would be willing to do sometime in the future.
LACR = Los Angeles County Raceway www.lacr.net

It is in Palmdale, I will hopefully go next week, I just put on some new mods, so I need to get on the dyno and tune it and see what times I can run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh ok, you should have said Palmdale. I have a friend who races in Palmdale, nearly every week. he has a SRT-4. He has been trying to get me out there. How much does your buddy charge for pulls on his Dyno? It doesnt look like I will be getting my car tuned on a Dyno but it will get tuned through a pocket logger. I would like to find out how much horse I will be pushing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
The_EE said:
oh ok, you should have said Palmdale. I have a friend who races in Palmdale, nearly every week. he has a SRT-4. He has been trying to get me out there. How much does your buddy charge for pulls on his Dyno? It doesnt look like I will be getting my car tuned on a Dyno but it will get tuned through a pocket logger. I would like to find out how much horse I will be pushing.
I will check into it for you I think it is like $70 for 3 pulls with an awd(but don't quote me on that I am not 100% sure). What is your friends name with the srt?
 

·
Honorary Moderator
Joined
·
2,637 Posts
I'll go if my car's ready by then... once yall find a spot to meet at, can you send me a pm just incase.... ill be there if i have my car fa sho tho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Piranhaman33 said:
palmdale, where's that?!? :D
funny, when you going to get your car back on the track?

"I will check into it for you I think it is like $70 for 3 pulls with an awd(but don't quote me on that I am not 100% sure)." I just got of the phone with him and it is $80 w/o wb, and $90 with wb for an awd, and for a fwd it is $70 w/o wb, and $80 with w/b.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
i need my 2g mass.......i'm outflowing mine like a whore! i wanna hit the track soon now that i took care of the tranny/headgasket/t-belt.....i also need a tune!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Piranhaman33 said:
i need my 2g mass.......i'm outflowing mine like a whore! i wanna hit the track soon now that i took care of the tranny/headgasket/t-belt.....i also need a tune!
yeah I ran into that problem real quick also, it sucks. You'l like it after you swap in the 2g mas it makes tuning a lot easier. BTW, you know who I am right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AMWBoostin805 said:
I will check into it for you I think it is like $70 for 3 pulls with an awd(but don't quote me on that I am not 100% sure). What is your friends name with the srt?
His name is Romeo, drive a silver SRT which runs high 13's right now ( 1/4th ) I cant remember what he said he ran in the 1/8th. He will be at Fontana this Saturday.
 
1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Top