DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, its been a while since ive been in the game but im back. I recently picked up a dsm and am happy im back. Its a 1gb red with black rims, ill post pics up soon.

Now here is my issue, I have to pump the gas pedal a couple of times while I crank the car to start it or I can just crank it a couple times and it will start. The previos owner told me that when he installed the 255 walbro pump he squished/messed up the "o" ring and the fuel pressure does not stay when the car is off.

Im not too sure about this, but before I change the pump, does it seem right?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
NOMIEZVR4 said:
Just to make sure its the o-ring which connects to the fuel pump assembly?
thanks for the help
Yes, its probably that one if there is no noticeable leaks elsewhere.

BTW that 50 trim has outlasted 3 cars.
I blew 2 ring lands on my talon with it then my buddy with a sc300 put it on his car and snapped a rod and now its sitting around waiting for its next victim lol.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey im glad you enjoying that 50trim. I cant wait to finish my project and feel the pull.

well if there is a leak, its not on the outside its inside the fuel pump assemnly. I dont think the leak is the problem, I think if the ring does prevent fuel from returning then that is def. the problem.
thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.