DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flyin' Miata Mod

I guess alot of people are starting to do this in the auto world. Miata guys love it, and mr2 spyders are getting there. Im pulling a motor out this weekend and ill pull the rack out and see if its possible with ours.

any other thoughts or ideas? Might be a cheap alternative to the Manual rack for 1g guys and a good option for 2g guys.

swade

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
I'm sure it will increase it.

Drive a Lotus Elise... hitting road reflectors wrenches the wheel from your hands lol.

Honestly it isn't that big of a deal unless you are a total tard.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I depowered my 1g rack after I saw that site a while ago. It is definately easier to steer than just looping the power steering lines.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm in a 1g and my ps rack has been de-powered by a previous owner. It's a bitch sometimes, but there's no power steering setup that can communicate to you like this...

·
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My friend who has a mr2 spyder did this and he's big into autox and he was telling me that in a turn he can feel when the tires are starting to give so he can steer back into the turn, in other words he loves it lol

swade

·
Registered
68 Posts
Any updates on this? I've been researching this quite a bit lately, and I am looking forward to any information you've got.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Damn, looks like a good idea, Won't this increase "Bump steering"?
Nope.

Bump steer is a result of steering geometry which is unaltered during a "de-power". You might feel more bumps, but it won't actually be bump steer.

Read this. :cool:

·
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The extra rack should be out of the parts car by wed and I'll prolly try to do a vfaq on this for a 1g rack...

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of the guys from a DSM site that I mod on has already done this to his 1G, so it's definitely a possibility:
http://texas-dsm.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7046#post7046

I plan on doing the same to my 2G rack when I have time as I just have the lines looped right now.

Would love to see a full write up for DSM'ers swade that we can all reference too! :D
Looks like you need to register, any way you can copy and paste here, or is there too much stuff?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts