DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is outa line and I am not trying to be but I really wana know if you people agree with the post by DG..... about FWD VS AWD the qustions is not if he is right or wrong but if the post has any technical revilance what so ever..... I think he just can't lauch a FWD properly. I wana know what ya think PS I wanna race his AWD :) I have owned both GS-Ts and Xs in fact I own a 97 GS-T Spyder "Almost same weight as X" and 95 GSX the T just has less drag.

·
Honorary Administrator
4,869 Posts
If you were to actually race him, my money is on Dennis. Even though his car is built for autocross, it would outrun most of the cars here on the drag strip too... you'd have to bring mid 12s or better to have a chance. If the steering wheel were involved at all in this "race", I'd put twice as much money on Dennis.

Now, I can't tell you what to believe or what not to, but after years of reading Dennis' posts on the Talon Digest, I'd really listen to what he has to say if I were you. Yes his post has "technical revilance" (is that a new kind of relevance?). Considering the focus of his post wasn't drag racing, I don't know where your comment about "I think he just can't launch a FWD properly" comes from. I didn't know straight-line superiority was all that mattered.

Also, there is an existing thread for comments on the DG FWD/AWD sticky... try posting here:
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=65887

1 - 2 of 2 Posts