DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around a bit, and keep hearing about people finding seats out of a stock car that seem to just work out really nicely...I'm not really looking to buy anything expensive, just something that isn't ripped up like my leather seats. Anyone got any suggestions what to look for when I go to the junkyard this week?? And if someone wants to offer something keep it to pm's please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ebay would be fine, I just was wondering about other types of cars with comfy seats. But I'm not really looking for the cheap-o "racing" seats. OEM look is totally fine with me.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea...that's what I was looking for, not restricted to graveyards, but still some nice oem seats. Keep 'em coming

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
s2000, ep3, GTi's, evo, STi's, corvettes, ect Pretty much any higher end sporty or sports car. Now getting them to fit might be a different question.

swade

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Im not sure how much a lot of those seats go for, but srt seats about 400 for a pair. They hold you in really good though, they are not for everyone.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Celica seats are the broadest, flattest seats I've ever seen in a pseudo sports car. I wouldn't recommend them.

As far as race buckets, I wouldn't risk my life in any "ebay" seats. Unless you can find some seats on ebay that are FIA certified (Recaro, Sparco, etc.) I wouldn't buy any of them.

A friend of mine had some APC seats in a Civic and they had the flimsiest backs I've come across. I would be skeptical of their strength in a rear and collision.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Theyre comfy if you are thin enough. Some people are not a fan, of them but after driving in the seats for so long I feel like Im going to fall out of any normal seat.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
They sound good to me^^, good thread btw. I've never really thought about swaping my seats with the higher end sports cars..

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I don't really wanna spend a shit ton on brand name seats, but want something that won't fold into 15 pieces if I get into an accident...been thinking about opening up a thread like this for a while, just always forgot about it and never got around to it.

And turbolover...did you end up liking anything at Linn State or no...?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I really haven't got a chance to look into it, I've been looking for a job every damn day, with no luck yet:rolleyes: I'm definitely still interested I just need to quit procrastinating and check it out! I need to get some money together and some debt payed off before anything.. Have you started yet? Pm me so we don't get off topic, lmk how its going when you do start.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've got Sparco Sprints in my 1g and they are amazingly comfortable for a steel framed bucket. My gf actually claims that they are more comfortable than the Teg seats in my Civic.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I really want some aftermarket racing seats.
I slide all over the place in my stock dsm seats, and they dont look nearly as good as the sporty racing seats...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Personally I love my OEM Power Leather seats in my 2G. I can make it narrower or wider on the back and hug my legs tighter or looser until I feel comfortable.

Just My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I don't think I have ever felt a better feeling set of OEM seats than SRT-4's. They hug you perfectly. I would love to be able to get a set to work on my 2g some day.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts