DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around a bit, and keep hearing about people finding seats out of a stock car that seem to just work out really nicely...I'm not really looking to buy anything expensive, just something that isn't ripped up like my leather seats. Anyone got any suggestions what to look for when I go to the junkyard this week?? And if someone wants to offer something keep it to pm's please. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
s2000, ep3, GTi's, evo, STi's, corvettes, ect Pretty much any higher end sporty or sports car. Now getting them to fit might be a different question.

swade

·
Registered
806 Posts
Celica seats are the broadest, flattest seats I've ever seen in a pseudo sports car. I wouldn't recommend them.

As far as race buckets, I wouldn't risk my life in any "ebay" seats. Unless you can find some seats on ebay that are FIA certified (Recaro, Sparco, etc.) I wouldn't buy any of them.

A friend of mine had some APC seats in a Civic and they had the flimsiest backs I've come across. I would be skeptical of their strength in a rear and collision.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I don't really wanna spend a shit ton on brand name seats, but want something that won't fold into 15 pieces if I get into an accident...been thinking about opening up a thread like this for a while, just always forgot about it and never got around to it.

And turbolover...did you end up liking anything at Linn State or no...?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I really haven't got a chance to look into it, I've been looking for a job every damn day, with no luck yet:rolleyes: I'm definitely still interested I just need to quit procrastinating and check it out! I need to get some money together and some debt payed off before anything.. Have you started yet? Pm me so we don't get off topic, lmk how its going when you do start.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've got Sparco Sprints in my 1g and they are amazingly comfortable for a steel framed bucket. My gf actually claims that they are more comfortable than the Teg seats in my Civic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.