DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys, i have a quick question.....i just got a 1g head, that will be going on my 2g....but the head, did not have the cam caps....i was wondering if the 2g cam caps will fit on the 1g head?

·
Elite DSMtalker
5,037 Posts
Cam caps are line bored to the specific cylinder head. Unfortunately for you, you won't be able to use the cylinder head you have unless you have that done to your 2g cam caps. Every single cylinder head has its own particular cam caps, as they are machined with each head so that the bore is a perfect circle.

·
Banned
158 Posts
listed to this guy, he knows what he is talking about, putting those caps on that head without a good line bore would be like buying a new car and pouring sugar in the gas talk. Horrible idea. I don't understand why so many people get those mixed, or loose them. I see people trying to sell the set's of them on e-bay, like they are just a bolt on thing. Sorry that is just one of my petpeives, like when you see a guy that has a set of rods for sale, and the caps are just chillin there in a box unmarked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts