DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this kid in town with a 1g awd talon with these mods: big 16, fmic and vpc all other supporting mods
and me with a 1g fwd laser with: 20g, fmic, hks fcon but stock pump and injectors running 16-18 psi

Im not sure I can keep up with him from a stop. What do you guys think, do I have a chance or what?

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
holla to a fellow wyo'er :D good luck! did you at least do a rewire on the pump? only thing i can say is... take him from a roll =>

btw, you enjoying the snow down there? we got a foot today... :mad:

·
Registered
467 Posts
It sounds liek it should be close, man are you sure it is safe to run 16-18psi on a 20g with the stock fuel system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
that's what i was thinking pimpin... what are you using to monitor the A/F ratio boosted? how about fuel management?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fuel managment is through the fcon- it has a dial from 1-10 as 1 is stock injector pulsewidth and 10 is longer. But 18 psi is the extreme maximum on the stock fuel system.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Get a fuel pump and some injectors 1st, otherwise turn down the boost so you dont blow the motor, as someone said, 17-18psi MAX on a 14B which pushes significatnly LESS AIR than a 20G, so a 20G at 17psi is wayyyyy too much for stock fuel.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Get a Fp and some 650cc injectors, turn the boost to 20 and hand him his ass....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts