DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you use an air intake cleaner or throttle body cleaner, don't use it because I fried my ISC yesterday from using the stuff. And ISC motors are NOT cheap. I paid $209 with my Southwest DSM discount at the dealer. Just wanted to let you all know not to use that stuff to clean out your throttle body. If you have to clean it out, just use a clean, dry rag and wipe it clean.

On the plus side...My idle is just freakin awesome :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
that is odd.. I know alot of 3/S owners that have had good luck with seafoam... I used it on my friend's Vr-4 and he has had no probs.. I was gonna use it on mine... this gives me something to think about.

-Aaron

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I've been using the stuff once a year since '97 with no ill effects. I know on the 1st gen's throttle body opening there is two slots below the throttle body opening that you should cover before spraying so you don't get the cleaner in them.
Did you cover those? If not then that may have been the problem.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
V8SpankR said:
I've been using the stuff once a year since '97 with no ill effects. I know on the 1st gen's throttle body opening there is two slots below the throttle body opening that you should cover before spraying so you don't get the cleaner in them.
Did you cover those? If not then that may have been the problem.
Bingo. Didn't think about that. Oh well ;)

·
Registered
386 Posts
1.8L ISC Motors

I've got two busted ISC motors. It's a common failure, and is listed as such on MSN carpoint. Probably didn't have much to do with your cleaner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts