DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Do you spend more time driving or fixing your DSM?

• Driving it! :D

Votes: 878 49.1%
  • Fixing it! :mad:

Votes: 822 45.9%
  • No DSM here... :(

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right... we often hear about the DSM that's down while undergoing upgrades or never-ending fixes. We rarely see the obvious posts saying "hey my car runs today". :D So which is it for you right now? ;)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I need a few things like new struts but overall this race season has been very good. 40+ passes down the strip and no probs. My car has been running very consistent 13.5s-6s all season so knock on wood that everything goes well for the next two club events and the IDRC event on the 22nd.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I spend more time fixing than driving, but that's not a bad thing! I like working on my car. I usually do preventative stuff, like right now I'm rebuilding my turbo because it leaks some oil and has a bit too much shaft play, I'm not waiting until it blows smoke all over the neighborhood and coughs up bits of compressor wheel. Of course, it sucks when something breaks and I can't drive when I want to.

Plus I work at a bike shop that's only two miles away, so I usually ride my bike instead of driving.

·
Registered
46 Posts
definately more time fixing my dsm than driving, i dont think ive spent quite enough money yet though ive only got like 4 g's into a 1500 dollar car so far!! Yes the never ending money and mechanical struggle goes on but then when it does run its oh soo worth it all

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
At this point I spend more time fixing it, I need a new clutch and head gasket

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Downset said:
I've been fixing the thing since I bought it.... Owned it almost 3 years now... I bet it hasn't ran for half of that.
the way my car is coming along it seems to be the same and mine is a n/t

·
Registered
908 Posts
well i'v owned my car (my 2G) for almost 14 months and to this date it has been down 4.5 (maybe alittle bit more) of those months. oh well, thats why a beater car is a must have mod when it comes to DSM's.

:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
i know exactly what you all are talking about, even though i finally got my laser running correctly. a friend of mine bought a 92 2.0 turbo the first day of july and has driven it for 6 total days since then. he and i did a full rebuild and am putting the engine back in today.......i'm on lunch break right now......wish us luck.............

·
Registered
144 Posts
i bought my eclipse in july of 2002....i've only put 1,000 miles on it since...i still have the sticker in the window for its first oil change that i got....if that tells ya how much i drive it....and how much time i'm fixing it...well, actually its in the shop now, i'm just about to tell them to fix anything and everything that is wrong or could possibly be wrong with it....when ever i drive it, i don't listen to my music, i listen to the car to try and tell when its going to break down before it does...:eek:

Dustin

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've had mine since January and so far it has been down a couple months in that time. One day while my wife was driving it, the oil decided it didn't like it on the inside of the engine anymore. It was down while I swapped to the 6 bolt. Other than that I've been too busy upgrading it to give it a chance to break. (cross my fingers)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spend more time driving it than fixing it, anyone ever notice that it's the 2.0 turbo's that seem to be down most compared to us N/A's(Non Turbo's).
Not Bashing just observing.:D

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
I managed to drive it 20 miles since October. Both of the last drives ended up with it taking piggy back on a flatbed. It should be back on the road by Saturday:)

Damn this pole is old. I probably voted driving, but now belong on fixing:p

1 - 20 of 269 Posts