DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Do you spend more time driving or fixing your DSM?

• Driving it! :D

Votes: 878 49.1%
  • Fixing it! :mad:

Votes: 822 45.9%
  • No DSM here... :(

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
221 - 240 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
In the past 7 months, I've driven the car for roughly a month. First turbo pops, then it gets cold (if it's less than 50* outside, she DOES NOT run), now waiting on a radiator, which somehow developed a hole during the turbo install :mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought my car last week for $750.00. The car didn't run when I picked it up. When you look at it from day one of ownership up until now, I have been fixing it 100% of the time.

That should change very soon. The last part I need to get it running is on the way. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I certainly spend more time fixing my cars than driving them. But in all fairness, my laser is pretty much a project and i havent gotten around to fixing my talon yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
As reliable as my dsms are, I think I actually spend more time fixing them than enjoying/driving them...but then again sometimes fixing them is enjoyable too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lol ive had my car since November 2005 and maybe put at the most 10k miles on it. I guess that tells you what iv'e been doing on my spare time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I bought my car 4 months ago, drove it for a month until the 3rd gear hub and slider in the transmission took a dump. Since then I've been fixing/upgrading. My roommate makes fun of me for having a broke DSM. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
256 Posts
Mine ran until I decided to do a 6-bolt swap. It's been so long since it ran, it's rusting where it sits.
Why, what is the problem, I did a 6bolt swap in exactly 22 days, that includes building a bare shell that I purchased, and had time to do a 6 bolt swap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yikes! I'm surprised at the close race.
Despite the time it has taken to get my talon going its in great shape and i have had many corners with her.

·
Registered
138 Posts
So far it has only left me stranded one time.. the OEM clutch I bought for it shattered. Other than that, it is broken down only when I say it will be broken down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right now I spend more time fixing it then driving it. Bought it 2 years ago as a project for $600, drove it once then tore it down :( Should be ready by the middle of next race season if everything goes well :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've owned my N/T for almost 4 years. Only put on 10K miles in the first 3 years I owned it!. totaled it, lost the motor, lost the tranny. All been fixed. put like 25K on it this year alone! WOO!! I couldn't believe it. I'm balls deep into putting a turbo on it tho. so I'm sure I'll break alot more parts now....

·
Registered
17 Posts
So my DSM is a 95 Eclipse GS ad she's never been out of commission for longer then a day. Of course, as a 20 y/o college student who lives off campus, i rarely have time to dig into major projects that require things like garage space, a large collection of tools, and things that would require longer than 24 hours to fix. (and it doesn't help that college is my money pit atm, so i guess my DSM is my DD)

221 - 240 of 269 Posts