DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

Do you spend more time driving or fixing your DSM?

• Driving it! :D

Votes: 878 49.1%
  • Fixing it! :mad:

Votes: 822 45.9%
  • No DSM here... :(

Votes: 89 5.0%

• Total voters
261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drive the hell out of my 94 Talon. I go off roading alot in it in the summer, and I even enter it in some rally events in the winter time. It's my daily driver and only car lol. The worst thing that has happend to me is I busted an outer tie rod arm while I was on my way in town to fix a flat on my moms van. It was winter time and both my front tires Y'd out. I just pushed the joint threw the hub and clipped it with vise grips till I got home lol.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fixing it! I have only had it one day tho.. the clutch is SHOT! oh well,cant beat $800...
Actually I can. $600 without clutch issues.
but I guess you get what you pay for. and as soon as I fix one thing it's another.

First the door handle, then the oil leak, then the over drive, then the other door handle, then the 4000 RPM stutter, Dash lights, headlights, rear bushings, I have never had a car with more problems in such a short amount of time. But IT BEATS DRIVING A GM!

·
Registered
478 Posts
My '97 GS-T Spyder (auto) has never left me stranded in the 4+ years I've owned it. Bought w/ 65K miles in October of '07, now have about 105K. Yeah, a couple of times the battery was all but dead (combo of cold weather & short trips?), but that always happened at home (have a '91 Honda CRX Si w/ 225K that has been my backup vehicle). The only real components that have needed replacement (not counting upgrades or wear items like tires, battery, struts, and canvas top) have been the alternator and front O2 sensor. I do have some work that needs to be done, as the RR window has lost a roller and the RH top motor has apparently sheared the gear pin (both common annoyances on the Spyders). But, overall, I'd say my car has been as reliable as your typical Honda. :D :tat:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Spend more time driving it thankfully, it's been down for almost two weeks now with a turbo install though! Hoping to get it back on the road by this weekend, it's starting to drive us nuts. :(

261 - 269 of 269 Posts