DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ok ok ok. so i was at the track last night and a Dominacan friend of mine comes over to me and keep saying somthing about "Mitzu motor Mitzu motor you like this bro!!" So i go walk with him across the track and im standing ther whaiting for a galont or somthing when he pops the hood on this dodge colt IT WAS A 4G63 TURBO!?!?
thats not the worst part. he said it was the stock motor. Best i could pick out of his accent he said it was imported from Germany? The motor was all stock non intercooled. I have no idea what stock hp is on it but i imagin about 170 180. Ok hears the kicker he let me race it, all stock with stock tires(like 4 inches wide) i pulled a 16.5. spinning all the way till the 8th. Does any body know about this thing any stats? i think it would be a great sleeper, hell it ugly enough.

·
Registered
836 Posts
AWDKitkat I've seen theese cars before, I would love to have one! :) dodge colt killing a vet :) Yeah!!!the ultimate slleper, anyways If you want to see more of it look right here: www.teamrip.com/casper.htm I believe they still have it for sale :)

Mike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
First time I saw a car with this swap was a few years ago in SCC. RRE in California did the swap.

SE.DSM.ORG also used to have quite a few members with this combination.

There is also a German site that is devoted exclusively to these turbo colts. Here is the link: http://www.coltmania.de/

Some of the pages are bilingual and they have included some of the US cars including Nate Pharr's, which I believe is the quickest 4G63 mirage/colt (if you do not include Extreme's recent project).

Pretty impressive stuff.

Joe

P.S. If anyone is interested in a mirage shell for such a project, let me know. I have a white 89 mirage hatchback. I was thinking about this swap but would rather get my 91 laser back on the road.

·
Registered
123 Posts
to the best of my knowledge colt never came with 4g63. It DID however come with a 4g61 1.6l turbo in 89 only IN THE STATES. These are very rare. From the outside the motor looks just like a 4g63 and yes...a 4g63 will transplant. It's all been done here in the states. TRE's Jon Ripple and Nate Pharr and probably two of the best known. Both cars in the 11s I believe. Check the timeslip page

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Yes, the motor in that Turbo Colt you saw was a 1.6 turbo (4G61). The Colt that we built (Nate's) was the 2nd fastest behind Bert Tong from Prospeed (albeit his was compltely stripped and trailered whereas Nate drove his to work and back everyday (about an hour each way). We had to strip it due to a fair amount of rust in the floorpan (among other places), but I recently bought another Mirage chassis to swap all of the old parts (plus a few more ;) ) into it in the quest to put one in the 10s. The 4G63 motor will drop right in the turbo Colt/Mirage models, with very few changes. If you use 90-spec DSM electronics, you can even utilize the factory wiring harness and just plug in a 90 DSM turbo ECU. Easy plug-n-play car with loads of potential, and Nate and I both agree that they're more fun than even our Galant VR4s which are in much nicer shape. Something about walking C5 vettes on the higway with only 15 psi, or lighting up the tires going into 4th gear right around 100 mph is a helluva lot of fun.

Josh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts